real time web analytics
Report - - Westlegate Tower - Norwich - August 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Westlegate Tower - Norwich - August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kubix_UK

Banned
Banned
My First proper explore with a great bunch of people. went off to Norwich for the urbex meet and met up with some great guys and gal who was sharing stories with me etc. I mentioned that I have never done a proper explore and after a quick chat westlegate was chosen as the ideal candidate. off we trundled after I grabbed my camera and a very nervous me started the climb (I hate heights). after a short while we reached the top and then I started the wow-ing lol and started snapping. sorry for the picture quality as I left my tripod in the car so was shooting handheld and using the scaffolding to steady it. glad I left my tripod though was hard enough and tiring climbing with my camera bag on :) also made a speedy escape as one of our group made a great deal of noise getting down (by mistake of course).
on
Westlegate House was built in 1959 by WS Lusher and Son Ltd. It was originally an office building occupied by several insurance companies including Provident and Mutual.

The office space has been derelict for 14 years or more with the bottom floor being occupied by McDonalds until 2006. An £8m redevelopment of the building has now started should be completed by early spring next year. It is being converted in luxury apartments. only history I can find (I copied it)

anyway enough rambling, on with the pics :)
IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg