real time web analytics
Report - - Whittingham Hospital Lancashire 9/2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whittingham Hospital Lancashire 9/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whittingham Hospital, The Forth County Lunatic Asylum visited with oldskool. Every one knows the asylum and most have probably visited if not now may be a good time as i think it's days are numbered and work is shortly going ahead to redevelop the site so i'm told, but i've heard that many times.The inside is well and truly trashed with rotton floors that are very unstable and missing roofs every where it really is a mess saying that it still holds a lot of charm and beauty the exterior is suffering the same fate and looks like it will fall down under its own weight but these buildings were built to last so will probably out last me..where posable on this explore i have tried to add old images i found on the internet and putting the how it looks now images, unfortunately i found these images after the explore so i have done my best from what i shot to match them up.
I'm not going into a lot of history on this most know it but in a summary built in 1869 opened in 1893 and closed 1995. the hospital had the capacity to hold 3000 plus patients and was constructed in four phases and built from bricks made on site.Enjoy
whita.jpg

whitb.jpg

whitc.jpg

whitd.jpg

white.jpg

whitf.jpg

whitg.jpg

whith.jpg

whiti.jpg

whitj.jpg

whitk.jpg
whitl.jpg

whitm.jpg

whitn.jpg

whito.jpg

whitp.jpg

whitq.jpg

whitr.jpg
whits.jpg

whitss.jpg

whitt.jpg

whitu.jpg

whitv.jpg

whitw.jpg

whitx.jpg

whity.jpg

whitz.jpg
whitzz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bone

As you do
28DL Full Member
One of my best read reports so far! brilliant. Very good.

I really like the before and after, nastalga!

Thank you.

Damon

28DL Member
28DL Member
Wow, she's really in a state these days. I suppose a combination of weather, time and the local scrotes made it inevitable.

magpie

TH3 D4RKS1D3
Banned
anyone up for a visit next week?
pm me if you can & we can arrange a meet.
we're heading down from newcastle...
magpie

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details