real time web analytics
Why Urbex? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Why Urbex?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

blackheart

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've followed 28DL for many years, in particular since i carried out a project on High Royds back in 2010, however as my current needs differ somewhat and i do not want to offend my friends on here with prying questions i have set up a new account.

I am carrying out a study on the city of York and am all to aware of the UX activities across the city. I know in much broader terms that there are multiple reasons why UX is carried out, from the thrill to general enrichment, the fact that it actually adds something to live that the normal would just cannot provide. I have read the books by ninjalicious and Bradley Garrett, but i am wants some first hand accounts of why the activities are carried out.

Ideally i am looking for anyone who is willing to talk to gain an insight as to why UX is carried out. For obvious reasons everything remains anonymous, but some consent to use what is mentioned would be appreciated. My focus is on the city of York but i welcome input from anybody willing.

Last edited:

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Hi blackheart.

This is question that as been asked many times on here. There's a number of reasons why we do it but rather than answer I'd like to ask a question for a question. "If you have followed 28DL for so many years, don't you know by now , or at least have an inkling why we do it?
I hope you don't take offence, it is not intended but your opening paragraph threw me somewhat.

blackheart

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi blackheart.

This is question that as been asked many times on here. There's a number of reasons why we do it but rather than answer I'd like to ask a question for a question. "If you have followed 28DL for so many years, don't you know by now , or at least have an inkling why we do it?
I hope you don't take offence, it is not intended but your opening paragraph threw me somewhat.

dont worry i take no offence, though i am aware of many of the reasons, some want to do it for the taboo, some want to just learn, some for thrill, or the general enrichment, some feel disheartened but the world that UX offers them something tangible that adds value to themselves,

while i fully admit that there is much openness about this, i cannot use what is already on the forums for my study, as gaining consent becomes problematic,

I will edit the original post to better clarify this

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Tbh mate , I would just offend your existing freinds here on 28 and ask them your questions rather than post a thread that as a long term member you know is gonna give you a bumpy ride.
I reckon that it may be the easier option.

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
I think it's a hard one to answer, everyone seems to have their own reasons so no one person could answer for the whole exploring community. Might be on my own here but tbh think that Bradley Garret is a bit of a pretentious egotistical douche but that's just me, sorry if that offends anyone btw

blackheart

28DL Member
28DL Member
Tbh mate , I would just offend your existing friends here on 28 and ask them your questions rather than post a thread that as a long term member you know is gonna give you a bumpy ride.
I reckon that it may be the easier option.
i have kind of tried and lets just say some got a little hostile about it, as if i was judging them, i just felt that maybe getting other inputs might help, i'm not looking for some all encompassing idea just some comments i can use

Last edited by a moderator:

blackheart

28DL Member
28DL Member
I think it's a hard one to answer, everyone seems to have their own reasons so no one person could answer for the whole exploring community. Might be on my own here but tbh think that Bradley Garret is a bit of a pretentious egotistical douche but that's just me, sorry if that offends anyone btw
cheers

i personally dont think there is some reason for the whole group, i think we all are interested for different reasons, i just would like some comments that i could actually use in the study,

and i don't think you'd offend many with your comments on Garrett, i've read far worse, my issue with him is that hes an academic who tried to become an explorer, i'd prefer just comments from explorers without all the baggage