real time web analytics
Report - - Wight City Complex, Isle of Wight - March 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wight City Complex, Isle of Wight - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
jolly.jpg

This report is a follow on from my Colonel Bogeys report so for some more background take a look here:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/colonel-bogeys-nightclub-isle-of-wight-feb-2016.t102740

The 1960's White City complex on Sandown seafront closed in 2012 and has since sat derelict beside the beach, its signage slowly falling away as the council and owners decide on the future of the land.

Access to the aforementioned basement nightclub came easily but the rest of the large building remained illusive until late one evening we noticed a way upwards. The complex is large consisting of bar, amusement arcade with small bowling alley and holiday accommodation and a good few hours can disappear whilst looking through the various rooms.

We start in the Jolly Sailor, the bar.

jolly_1.jpg

bar.jpg

drinks.jpg

darts.jpg

number%201_1.jpg

sun.jpg

booth.jpg

cds_1.jpg

Next we moved on to the arcade section

air.jpg

pool.jpg

snowrace.jpg

arcade%20booth.jpg

meg.jpg

arcade.jpg

mantenance.jpg

old.jpg

Walking upstairs we found the old managers flat

boss.jpg

boss2.jpg

sumo%20bath.jpg

And 2 floors of small holiday flats with a private bar

wonky%20coridoor.jpg

vacant.jpg

wine.jpg

laundry.jpg

keys.jpg

Thanks for looking.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Nice find and I thought your shots were good. I hope you made use of the free bevvies. It looks like an ordinary trashed club, like Niche in Sheffield, until I got to the arcade machines.

SonNoir

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did I see a pool table that hadn't been ripped to shreds? That's unheard of round here. Funny thing too is that those arcade machines are worth a bit of mint...

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
So much win! The 1997 vintage computer table setup is the best. Bet some of the arcade stuff is sort after.

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
It's not the most photogenic place but it definitely brought back some memory's!

Nicotine stain yellow Packard Bell! The 4 player Simpsons arcade game!

Pretty sure we were the first explorers since it closed but recently a window has been smashed, unless its sealed soon the trashing will start :(

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
/grabs calculator...

Bloody hell! Whoever owns that building and contents is a very lucky man.

cliffc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did I see a pool table that hadn't been ripped to shreds? That's unheard of round here. Funny thing too is that those arcade machines are worth a bit of mint...
Hi

Some of the video games may be worth a bit, but you would be surprised how little the fruit machines would go for, especially as they have been sat there for so long, many if not all of them will most likely will not work because the battery's on the main boards will have leaked causing much damage, the video game may also have suffered as well with damp

Jonathan feeney

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi ,do you have any more pics from this site other than the ones shown I used to go my summer holidays to these flats and I'm intrigued ?

Thanks

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
Hi ,do you have any more pics from this site other than the ones shown I used to go my summer holidays to these flats and I'm intrigued ?

Thanks

Old camera and I think everything else got deleted sorry! There are pictures and videos of the nightclub beneath on here, bogeys nightclub..