real time web analytics
Wikimedia Commons as a resource? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Wikimedia Commons as a resource?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just researching Lithuania for a trip this week and I got a lot of locations from Wikimedia, this has never appeared in my search results before, which is odd as I've done countless amounts of research. Has anyone used it as a resource? Does it tend to be accurate? Naturally I've check on google maps as well. But I thing I've noticed is, its difficult to search the wikimedia name and get results back from other urbexers (this could be a language issue tho). If you've used wikimedia what was your experience? Cheers Category:Abandoned buildings in Lithuania - Wikimedia Commons

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I used Wikimedia to add some pins to my map a little while back. I found that, with the UK locations at least, it was rather outdated and were just photos linked from the Geograph website. A lot of what I saw, was either basic stuff like old barns/house ruins etc or had been demolished/converted.

Despite the above, I did take a look at that link and it is slightly different to the UK versions I saw which are usually grouped by county, but some locations on there do look a bit outdated, there are some recent ones though so it's worth a shot I guess.