real time web analytics
Report - - William Howden, Engineers Glasgow. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - William Howden, Engineers Glasgow.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
One thing I love about Urban Exploring is when epicness turns up when you least expect it.

Whilst driving to establish where the underground station was which was to be the start of our night on the town, we spotted a beautifll stone industrial building boarded and decayed... swing in lads, looks like we have one more site for tonight!

Inside the huge sheds were very empty... "railway sheds, warehouses?" we pinged ideas around as to their former use. Whatever it was, almost every trace had gone, and the sheds had been used for car spares, house clearences and whatnot.... very uninspiring.

One small, but fairly grand building failed to impress Raddog and OT... "Owt in there?" I asked. "Nah, fetted pit of dispair" Indeed, there was no doubting the fetteness, with old car tires, rotting woodand other crap piled high in the corridor. Now if two of the best explorers in the game have just told you somewhere is not even worth the energy to walk over to, most would be inclined to leave it, but the crumbling plasterwork of the once grand little building caught my eye...

Heaving myself over the piles and piles of crap, I made my way to a small room, mostly filled with it's own ceiling which had come crashing down some years before. Spying a rusted drawing cabinet in one corner of the room, I heaved some rotting wood and once grand plasterwork off it and opened one of the stiff thin drawes... and OMFG...

About every aspect of the comapny's history was crammed in the chest. Photos, of the founder, of products and of the workls itself. An ancient pattern document, with it's fragile wax seal almost intact, books and magazines featuring the work's wares... It was simply breathtaking. Once I had rounded up Raddog and OT we spent the best part of an hour digging through and photographing... I hope you find it as interesting as we did.

We returned the next morning to photograph the offices... again more treasure was found and the buildings themselves were very nice and oozed faded glory...

how1.gif

View attachment 137820

View attachment 137822

View attachment 137824

how4.jpg

how5-1.jpg

how6-1.jpg

View attachment 137832

how8-1.jpg

View attachment 137835

ho10.jpg

ho11.jpg