real time web analytics
General - - Wiltshire Quarries - All closing down? | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Wiltshire Quarries - All closing down?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Ignore them mate, we're an easy target.

Feeling a bit dumb, we really want to explore mines and do it right which we thought we were. Booking the guide the quarrymans recommend to us for our next trip if we can get back down again.

popeass1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No not access, vandalism. Tires slashed on farm machinery, anything that would smash smashed, and trying to respray a tractor!!

I agree its unfair to blame those guys, it's the fact that the police have been summoned to rescue several groups in the last two weeks, and have obviously given hansons a bollocking.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Is not the fact there was vandalism, it's the lazy fucking wankers that couldn't be bothered to hide the access.

As for box, I did hear about the two groups getting lost and banging on the gates at Clift. Find out who they are and blame them.

And who is that bitter twat exspelio ? Irrelevant shit stirring loser.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
What's the latest with Farleigh Down Tunnel? I flew past it on the train yesterday and wondered if they've tried again to seal it? After the last episode I was half expecting it to be back filled.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
What's the latest with Farleigh Down Tunnel? I flew past it on the train yesterday and wondered if they've tried again to seal it? After the last episode I was half expecting it to be back filled.

Wide open as of last week, but sometime during the summer some twat has burnt tyres in the old offices and toilets. Very blackened walls now.

rigsby

Chatbox Mong
28DL Full Member
Box still open tonight. Big body sized hole on the right hand side of the back door. Bolt was finger tight so I did it back up. No lock on bat gate but I did not check Jacks.

popeass1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is not the fact there was vandalism, it's the lazy fucking wankers that couldn't be bothered to hide the access.

This was told to me as the reason for the metal lid being fitted, by the bloke who lives across the road. I also saw the tractor with the lousy re-spray job.

As for box, I did hear about the two groups getting lost and banging on the gates at Clift. Find out who they are and blame them.

As I stated I'm not blaming anyone, so I don't need to find out who they are, and when that link was posted on uk caving, I actually said there, that it was unfair to blame those chaps. Not really sure why you seem to be getting funny with me??

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As I stated I'm not blaming anyone, so I don't need to find out who they are, and when that link was posted on uk caving, I actually said there, that it was unfair to blame those chaps. Not really sure why you seem to be getting funny with me??

Sadly Popeass, when ever shit hits the fan or controversy arises in the mine exploration community there is more often than not a mention of 28 days later on the other forums, if it ain't about the gates being ground off their hinges at Cwmorthin or the workshops in maenofferen being shiprobbed or the knee jerk reaction of Hanson at Box...we get a mention and it kinda gets a bit tedious so perhaps that may be why you find us a bit on the defensive.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
And wire wool spinning in Box that we also frowned upon due to the roosting bats, still saw us with an honorary mention by some idiot who never even comes here until the drama lama rolls up.

popeass1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well if I interpreted it wrong,then fine. It certainly did seem like you were telling me directly to find out who needed rescuing and blame them, when I already said I wasn't looking to blame anyone.

I can understand why you feel defensive about this, as its not fun to be blamed for things you have no hand in. I think maybe people look to blame 28DL, and urbex in general, because urbex is so broad, in terms of locations, it can introduce people to quarries, who have absolutely no interest in them, other than being cool places to tick of a list. I'm certainly not saying this is how urbex actually is, but how sometimes it may be percieved. I've admired and respected your work Kwan, and can see you have a passion for all things mining and mining history related, as do I.

I'm not on anyones 'side', apart from the quarries.

markymark

The shadow
28DL Full Member
Was in box a few weeks back and when we left the gate was wide open and the bolt missing ! No supprise really that it gets locked up when idiots do that !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Wide open as of last week, but sometime during the summer some twat has burnt tyres in the old offices and toilets. Very blackened walls now.

When we last went it looked as if There was a massive party down there shortly after it was sealed.. Someone went at the doors with a gas axe to reopen it by the looks of it. Was a complete mess down there so probably same mess you mention!

vanoord

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In not surprised about some of the comments to be honest, especially some of the shit that goes on. The link referred to on here is a bit unfair though, nothing there but a bit of exploring. FFS even the most experienced people still get lost down there to some degree, let's not forget.

Everyone else is better than us though.

How many people in box the other weekend on an organized trip?

I've deleted the link from AN.

No idea what point he was trying to make.