real time web analytics
Report - - Withcote Hall, Leicester - Dec 18 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Withcote Hall, Leicester - Dec 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This manor incorporates a cute little chapel basically next door which is actually a heritage chapel. It's in a bit of a state but there's still some beautiful features left inside.

Explore

Easy does it. Dog barking mentally but didn't see anyone until we had left and the postman arrived telling us he actually still delivers mail here as some people come back to collect it.

IMG_8137-HDR.jpg

IMG_8145-HDR.jpg

IMG_8165-HDR.jpg

IMG_8180-HDR.jpg

IMG_8190-HDR.jpg

IMG_8197-HDR.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

IMG_8208-HDR.jpg

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a cracking looking place. Cool shots also, really like the third one :thumb

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Glad this has been shifted into here for now. The old lady who owns it apparently doesn't mind people going in and shooting it, but it's somewhere that doesn't need to be advertised to all the goons out there!

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That is gorgeous! Your pics are really good, you got very lucky with the light. It really adds to the place. Nice work once again, you are posting up some great content!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Glad this has been shifted into here for now. The old lady who owns it apparently doesn't mind people going in and shooting it, but it's somewhere that doesn't need to be advertised to all the goons out there!

Exactly what Mookster said. Last thing this old hall needs is the goon squad traipsing through it claiming there's the ghosts of dead horses in there.

That is gorgeous! Your pics are really good, you got very lucky with the light. It really adds to the place. Nice work once again, you are posting up some great content!

That's exactly what I said too - really well composed pix.

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
Had a nosey around here today.... as with the OP there was a dog wandering around outside and a car parked just outside too. Just as we left another car pulled up outside the front as well so we made a swift get away :D

Some insider knowledge from a friend who knows the woman who owns it... she was living in it until fairly recently, no idea where she lives now, maybe the little lodge nearby, but apparently the story is something along the lines of her blowing a lot of her money, so the place ended up falling into the state its in now. I got warned she has a few screws loose and might get shot at from across the fields but that didn't happen thankfully.

SpiderMonkey

BrushMonkey
Staff member
Had a nosey around here today.... as with the OP there was a dog wandering around outside and a car parked just outside too. Just as we left another car pulled up outside the front as well so we made a swift get away :D

Some insider knowledge from a friend who knows the woman who owns it... she was living in it until fairly recently, no idea where she lives now, maybe the little lodge nearby, but apparently the story is something along the lines of her blowing a lot of her money, so the place ended up falling into the state its in now. I got warned she has a few screws loose and might get shot at from across the fields but that didn't happen thankfully.

Yeah, this place is a few miles from me. I've met her and she is a nice old lady but she wasn't fit to be living in that big house on her own. It looked abandoned even when she lived in there. We went and had a chat with her at the front door and she showed us around, then tried to sell us some hay! This was in 2013/14 and the place was in a complete state back then.