real time web analytics
Report - - Wolseley 4/44 Car Graveyard March 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wolseley 4/44 Car Graveyard March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

the invisableman

Sac magic
28DL Full Member
Visited solo​

After seeing Jaynewt24's report on this place i thought id go and take a look for myself as it's not far from me and it's always nice to be able to do something local every once in a while. Unfortuantley unlike Asylums and Hopitals etc, a few cars in a field are not the easiest to spot but i refused to be beaten and for my efforts i finally found it. There are about a dozen Woesley's in total, all in various states of decay and ruin. And all appeared to be the 4/44 model (don't quote me on that) Cars have never been big on my list but after only recently seeing what remains at the Hoarders House i am finding myself becoming more interested in these old knackers.

A bit of history about the Woesley 4/44 (courtesy of wiki)​

The Wolseley 4/44 was originally designed under the Nuffield Organisation but by the time it was released in 1953 Wolseley was part of BMC. Much of the design was shared with the MG Magnette ZA which came out later in the same year.
Unlike the MG, the 4/44 used the 1250 cc XPAW engine a version of the XPAG engine previously seen in the later MG T-type series of cars but detuned by only having a single carburettor. The power output was 46 bhp (34 kW) at 4800 rpm. The four speed manual transmission had a column change.
The construction was monocoque with independent suspension at the front by coil springs and a live rear axle.
The car had upmarket trim with wooden dashboard and leather seats and a traditional Wolseley radiator grille with illuminated badge but was expensive at GBP997 on the home market.
An example tested by The Motor magazine had a top speed of 73 mph (117 km/h) and could accelerate from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 29.9 seconds. A fuel consumption of 27.6 miles per gallon(imperial) was recorded.
It was replaced in 1956 by the similar Wolseley 15/50.

Anyway, on with the pics... Enjoy!

untitled1.jpg

untitled10.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled7.jpg

untitled8.jpg

untitled9.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb