real time web analytics
Report - - Woodhall Spa Baths, Lincs, Sep16 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Woodhall Spa Baths, Lincs, Sep16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Apart from the epic trip to Chernobyl, I’ve not had much of an opportunity to explore new places this summer. Going over to visit my mate Rob, who lives in Nowheresville, Lincolnshire, gave me an opportunity to have a look at something on the way.

An exploring friend recommended this place to me, and I remember Rob mentioning to me a while back that he knew about the place. Rob is not an explorer (though I’ve tried to convert!), and he told me I’d be a ‘rat up a drainpipe’ if I saw this. I liked this place; its just about doable on your own.

Not a particularly relaxed explore; The weather was grim, there were an annoying number of people near the site, and inside I could smell dodgy smoke, and later could hear voices. But I hadn’t seen the pool, and after some perseverance, I found it.

These luxury baths built on a natural spring within a small Lincolnshire town upon which it was named after the bath. When drilling for oil commenced in the early 1800's they stumbled upon a natural spring which kept pouring into a nearby stream. It was said to have cured sick cows who drunk from it. The locals started drinking from it and a small wooden bath was built to bathe in. The local landowner decided to build a brick bath in 1830 and within ten years it's fame had grown so much that a proper bath house was built. This included six treatment rooms and a hotel. In 1887 the baths and and spa was enlarged. After the collapse of the well in 1983 the spa closed its doors.

29100848123_18dd6b8791_b.jpg

29098522894_bc74504079_b.jpg

29098506434_490b56db70_b.jpg

29644092511_a67886ae44_b.jpg

29434078170_7f514ee2f0_b.jpg

29725199775_24acc3e48b_b.jpg

29689845276_a1b3fe5284_b.jpg

29725186845_65b9e88561_b.jpg

29644045971_b09f584c41_b.jpg

29725164935_c6e87494e8_b.jpg

29689801456_5e82ef1eb3_b.jpg

29644008951_2449dff8d1_b.jpg

This site hasn't been documented so much on the forum, so was nice to see something fresh

Last edited:

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Massive sigh.

Sorry :(
I have been having some serious hosting issues recently, and need to find a new photo uploading site.
It shows on mine, but will try to resolve

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can see them?!

Haven't heard of this one before, looks a nice wander!

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I have just re-hosted this, reluctantly, from Flickr, just in the last 30 seconds

Hopefully it works...... Please tell me either way, even if my photos are shit :D

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Pics are fine now mate. The site's seen better days though, amazing it's still standing really.

Well covered though. I love the first shot - the detail in those doors!

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Pics are fine now mate. The site's seen better days though, amazing it's still standing really.

Well covered though. I love the first shot - the detail in those doors!

Phew. That's a relief. I'v'e had much stress & headache uploading photos recently (I need to change my hosting provider)

Thanks mate :) the entrance would have been quite grand; shame the rest of it has seen better days, but its not doing bad for its 30+ year decay

Andy Marshall

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi well done I tried this site last winter I think it was, but with the land owners being customers of ours I didn't venture far..

The front gates were wide open and I could walk straight in although there were enough things there to suggest someone would be back really quickly. I had a quick wander round got a couple of pics and that was it. Lovely to see that not much more has been done to it. Did you manage to get upstairs ?

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Hi well done I tried this site last winter I think it was, but with the land owners being customers of ours I didn't venture far..

The front gates were wide open and I could walk straight in although there were enough things there to suggest someone would be back really quickly. I had a quick wander round got a couple of pics and that was it. Lovely to see that not much more has been done to it. Did you manage to get upstairs ?

It was an interesting wander
Didn't venture upstairs as i was looking for the pool room as priority, and then ran out of time before i could have a look up there