real time web analytics
Report - - Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, Detroit USA March 2022 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, Detroit USA March 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yep, the railway terminal was bought by Ford a few years ago and is well on it's way to being renovated into a brand new conference/office/events centre type deal - that project alone has kickstarted a lot of rejuvenation work in the surrounding area as it's the sort of deal which has given investors confidence that things are changing.

Detroit is a weird place with a homelessness problem but it's not as bad as you might think, owing to the fact that in vast tracts of the city there really isn't any population at all. They are around, mainly in the areas closer to downtown, and do take shelter in some buildings but for the most part you don't see anybody at all inside these places - whats even weirder is the general lack of explorers, you'd think in a city overrun with derelict buildings there would be loads but there really aren't that many people who actually set out to explore in Detroit. On the lovely warm weekend we were here we ran into the one group in this Church and then one other small group at another church later that day, but that was it. I honestly don't know why it is that way, maybe it's the perception of Detroit being so dangerous nobody wants to make the trip, maybe there's some other factors.

thats interesting & yes it always appears a dangerous place, but of course Iv never been thats just the media impression you get.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely start to your trip, the architecture in there is something else!
Jealous doesn’t quite cut it!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
thats interesting & yes it always appears a dangerous place, but of course Iv never been thats just the media impression you get.

It is a dangerous city there's no getting away from it - all it comes down to is being sensible and aware of your surroundings, and staying out of the more heavily populated bad neighbourhoods during the afternoon/evening.

That being said I'd much rather be in Detroit than Philadelphia or Chicago, even my avid seasoned exploring friends who I went here this time with steer clear of those places now because they are simply too dangerous to be in.