real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Woolton Hall - Woolton, Liverpool - May 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Woolton Hall - Woolton, Liverpool - May 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanBloodyBear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Woolton Hall is a former country house located in Woolton, a suburb of Liverpool, England. Built in 1704 and extensively renovated in 1772 by the influential architect Robert Adam the building is praised as the finest example of Robert Adam's work in Northern England. Throughout its 300-year history the building has been the residence of a number of notable figures, including the Earl of Sefton and Liverpool shipowner Frederick Richards Leyland.

During the later part of the 20th century the building went through a number of uses eventually becoming a school in the 1950s and later being abandoned with plans for its demolition. A campaign against its destruction was successful and the hall is now a Grade I listed building.

WH-001Small.jpg

WH-002Small.jpg

WH-003Small.jpg

WH-004Small.jpg

WH-005Small.jpg

WH-006Small.jpg

WH-007Small.jpg

WH-008Small.jpg

WH-009Small.jpg

WH-010Small.jpg

WH-011Small.jpg

WH-012Small.jpg

WH-014Small.jpg

WH-015Small.jpg

WH-016Small.jpg

UrbanBloodyBear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where’s your little teddy bear :eek:
Sold it mate, got a good price after I got a very good commission from Hollywood for the horror bears i used to make, Kinda worked out after the horror director saw some pics of it in abandoned buildings :)

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It deserves to be demolished on account of that decor!!

Another one that will sit there until it becomes un-viable to restore it in my opinion.

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is it still the care taker who lets you in and shows you around he was a real nice chap with lots of info and stories even brought some A4 photographs of it back in its hey day.

laurenvontrapp

28DL Member
28DL Member
This building looks amazing - I came across it by chance while looking for fashion portrait locations - is there any chance you would be able to advise how you get permission to gain access inside the building? I’ve searched everywhere online and can’t seem to find any websites - any info would be great

Urbanexflat

28DL Member
28DL Member
Amazing shots! Me and a friend are looking to gain permission to visit soon but can’t find the guys number anywhere! If anyone can shed some light on it I’d be so grateful!

Who has read this thread (Total: 353) View details