real time web analytics
Yes A Newbie | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Yes A Newbie

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Quacktor

28DL Member
28DL Member
As a child when the railways and most of the manufacturing base was being dismantled in the 1970s. We were fortunate to explore many places. Everything was there in its original state. We were in factories'
engine sheds, plate layers huts, tanneries old pubs, and scrap yards. Then recently I came across some explorers on Youtube and was fascinated as this was what we enjoyed as nosey kids. We were not the delinquent vandal types but just collected all kinds of things that were left behind. Now seeing these videos seems to have rekindled that joy. Sometimes I find myself shouting 'No it's not used for that, or it's a Ford Popular, not the Prefect! So I am readying myself for cut legs and brambles, stinging nettles all over again, and at my age! If anyone would like to give an aging 'newbie' explorer based in Northamptonshire a few tips, I am still ready to learn.
Thanks, Kev

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As a child when the railways and most of the manufacturing base was being dismantled in the 1970s. We were fortunate to explore many places. Everything was there in its original state. We were in factories'
engine sheds, plate layers huts, tanneries old pubs, and scrap yards. Then recently I came across some explorers on Youtube and was fascinated as this was what we enjoyed as nosey kids. We were not the delinquent vandal types but just collected all kinds of things that were left behind. Now seeing these videos seems to have rekindled that joy. Sometimes I find myself shouting 'No it's not used for that, or it's a Ford Popular, not the Prefect! So I am readying myself for cut legs and brambles, stinging nettles all over again, and at my age! If anyone would like to give an aging 'newbie' explorer based in Northamptonshire a few tips, I am still ready to learn.
Thanks, Kev

Hi Kev Im Northants. Prob too busy to meet up but can give u a few pointers though the best thing is to use the search bar above to find places.
Then get some reports up to gain some trust.
Iv certainly posted quite a few in Northants myself u should be able to find

Quacktor

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Kev Im Northants. Prob too busy to meet up but can give u a few pointers though the best thing is to use the search bar above to find places.
Then get some reports up to gain some trust.
Iv certainly posted quite a few in Northants myself u should be able to find
That would be great, I am sure anything you can tell me would be of great benefit. We certainly should meet up.

The Young One

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Kev from northamptonshire there's a couple of us and a couple places round our area I'll give you a hint to one matalan wellingbourgh

chills

Queller of the uprising
Thanks, Kev

Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!