real time web analytics
Report - - Yesterday's Nightclub, Alderney Edge - April 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Yesterday's Nightclub, Alderney Edge - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
April 2015

The Visit
This place has been covered recently but I couldn't resist a look around, I visited after leaving the County Hotel across the road. This place is pretty much gutted with a few toilets and the bars remaining. It is load on the outskirts of the well known 'clubbing' destination of Alderley Edge. :thumb (I can't work out why it wasn't a success). PMSL

Back in the 90`s Yesterday's Night Club in Alderley Edge was once one of the hottest nightspots in Cheshire that once attracted footballers and TV stars. It was bought by Absolute Leisure and in March 2000 became the areas first Lap dancing club, launching a lap dancing evening which became a regular weekday fixture known as the Purple Door. It then changed its name to Lizard and in 2004 it finely closed its doors. It had plans to change it into luxury housing but these plans fell through, a Northern Ireland-based developer Benmore Group submitted a planning application to extend, refurbish and alter the former Yesterday's night club to create a 68 bedroom hotel including a ground floor bistro and spa. However this was withdrawn on the day it was due to be reviewed by the local authority.

IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

Cheers for looking.​

TallRich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like its seen better days! I can't imagine anyone wanting to swim there!

thanks for sharing

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I went by this place yesterday and noticed the hole in the fence at the front has been boarded up again (after being completely destroyed).

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Gronk is there anything for me to climb :eek: oooohh how you love to watch me climb haha

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Gronk is there anything for me to climb :eek: oooohh how you love to watch me climb haha

Not here sadly, I just walked in. However getting into the pub across the road was an experience, still aching now. :/