real time web analytics
Report - - Zachary Merton Ward, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London - May 2021 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Zachary Merton Ward, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
This place was all the rage last year so me and a mate went for a look around. If you like your decay with muscles then this was the place to be though I heard it’s all locked up again now. Can’t really add any value to the reports before this one - anyway, here is my take on the place. We went quite late in the evening so had to light paint most of the pictures, hence quality is a bit variable. Upper floors are pretty bouncy so I’m not sure how much longer they will be in situ.

From Landie Man...

The Zachary Merton Building, a Convalescent Ward opened in 1936 with 44 beds. It was originally called The Convalescent Ward; but in 1961 it was renamed the Zachary Merton Ward, after the trust by the same name. In the late 70s; the kitchens and offices of the building were altered for use by the Scoliosis Unit and in 1982 the hospital came under control of the Bloomsbury Health Authority following a major NHS reorganisation. Looks to have closed in the 80’s.

1st Floor.
IMGP1918 copy.jpg

Off the corridor were these smallish rooms.
IMGP1920 copy.jpg

All with about the same amount of decay.
IMGP1921 copy.jpg

Another corridor pic a bit further down.
IMGP1923 copy.jpg

Remains of the telephone system.
IMGP1925 copy.jpg

The main staircase, has a 30's vibe to it.
IMGP1928 copy.jpg

IMGP1929 copy.jpg

Ground floor level.
IMGP1930 copy.jpg

The ground floor also had a long corridor with much large rooms off it.
IMGP1932 copy.jpg

The rooms would have been very lit back in the day with plenty of windows.
IMGP1931 copy.jpg

Mostly full of crap now.
IMGP1935 copy.jpg

IMGP1937 copy.jpg

Mooah Corridors
IMGP1936 copy.jpg

We didn't find the theatre.
IMGP1940 copy.jpg

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I did like this place. I actually popped past at the weekend intending to have a look at the other derelict stuff there but found they've introduced security barriers at the entrances and ANPR stuff, also didn't help that the other buildings are right beside the security building haha.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
When we went we took a bit of de-tour to get in but another couple turned up, camo-pants type, just walked straight in through the main barriers loaded with cameras. So it's no wonder they got the arsehole over it.

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details