real time web analytics
Report - - A Trip Through Whitchurch Hospital/Cardiff City Asylum - April & Sep 2023 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A Trip Through Whitchurch Hospital/Cardiff City Asylum - April & Sep 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Whitchurch is the the gift that keeps on giving and is slowly proving itself as a worthy encore to the many asylum closures years prior.
This corridor collapse is a bit of a shock, yes it hasn't been treated kindly in the last seven or so years but, for a fairly recent closure it shows how elderly these buildings are becoming.

Whitchurch2ndVisit (13 of 35).jpg

On another note, a cracking set of pictures.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice bit of texture on that. I saw that when the boys showed me Thorpe St Andrews a few months back (glad I snapped the admin block before the fire). The ones at Severalls are very similar but slightly more straight-edged. Most of them seem to either be rectangular or octagonal.
Ah you looked at the admin block, I thought you had just done the nurses block. The outside is or was worth a shot. Yeah the secs ones are similar. This is one I took in 2014, was lots dotted about.

162562-32420f4496b9f8b53dabaa77d5ad0940-zpsd7aad694-01.jpeg

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Ah you looked at the admin block, I thought you had just done the nurses block. The outside is or was worth a shot. Yeah the secs ones are similar. This is one I took in 2014, was lots dotted about.

162562-32420f4496b9f8b53dabaa77d5ad0940-zpsd7aad694-01.jpeg
Yeah we got a quick shot of the outside. Very nice, didn't realise you went to Sevs! You need to get a post up on that bigtime. I still need to give my 2015 photos a reedit and post at somepoint.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah we got a quick shot of the outside. Very nice, didn't realise you went to Sevs! You need to get a post up on that bigtime. I still need to give my 2015 photos a reedit and post at somepoint.
Yeah I went to sevs twice and then back a third time for the admin block. I might do a post at some point. Yeah you should definitely do one.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Looking mega these days, some good pics there.
Cheers!

Whitchurch is the the gift that keeps on giving and is slowly proving itself as a worthy encore to the many asylum closures years prior.
This corridor collapse is a bit of a shock, yes it hasn't been treated kindly in the last seven or so years but, for a fairly recent closure it shows how elderly these buildings are becoming.

On another note, a cracking set of pictures.
It is indeed a worthy encore, I do wonder if (and hope) we'll get any more closures to come. Although I think those that are left are of the earlier Victorian sort.

I think the damp has just absolutely fucked this building tbh. I suppose seven years is still quite a reasonable time period to stay in one piece if you compare that to the classics, but time flies.

Much appreciated, very much enjoyed your report on this place and Cefn Coed!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
It's a surprise isn't it, as rotten as they look there was nothing worse looking about this one than the rest before it went. Makes you think any one of them could just go at any time - hopefully whilst nobody's head's under it!
There were a couple which were patched up even when place was open. Literally had buckets out when it rained. No surprises that it’s collapsed now, maintenance was pretty much non existent 10 years ago. Add in some lead theft and it’s probably accelerated it.

Wonder if the floors of the water tower are now fully gone

Wastelandr

Regular User
There were a couple which were patched up even when place was open. Literally had buckets out when it rained. No surprises that it’s collapsed now, maintenance was pretty much non existent 10 years ago. Add in some lead theft and it’s probably accelerated it.

Wonder if the floors of the water tower are now fully gone
I see. The first trip I did it was quite sunny and dry, the second was in the rain and it seemed like there was water dripping in all over the place.

I did see a youtube video of someone going up the tower not too long ago, floors looked dodgy but they managed. I think the collapsed corridor was the one passing the water tower section (possibly).

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Simply stunning report. Very worthy of a revisit I have to say. I love the quality of your photos and the composition is absolutely spot on. By far the best report I’ve seen from here.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fantastic report. Well put together and thought-out and photography of the highest order. Best report I've ever seen on this urbex classic. Five stars alround.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Yeah I went to sevs twice and then back a third time for the admin block. I might do a post at some point. Yeah you should definitely do one.
Oh nice, yeah get them unleashed at somepoint!

Those are some fantastic photos dude. Brilliant report
Cheers mate really appreciate it!

Simply stunning report. Very worthy of a revisit I have to say. I love the quality of your photos and the composition is absolutely spot on. By far the best report I’ve seen from here.
Fantastic report. Well put together and thought-out and photography of the highest order. Best report I've ever seen on this urbex classic. Five stars alround.
Very very kind words from you both, big cheers!

Seffy

Staff member
What a report, and indeed a solid sit rep to boot - thank you. That dog really ain't the one, is it :D

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I disagree - I think it probably even beats most of those!

Best report of the place in years - nice one.

Agreed it’s up there with the best. Perhaps the only shame is they cleared it out a few years ago as the current level of decay plus lots of shit lying around (maybe not all those records..) would have put it at the top with CH.

Who has read this thread (Total: 243) View details