real time web analytics
Report - - Barking Reach Power station - Dagenham –March 2018 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barking Reach Power station - Dagenham –March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member

Barking Reach Power station - Dagenham –March 2018

The History

Pic Stolen from the Atco PDF

26222100737_51242229f7_c.jpg

41094235991_104c6437a9_c.jpg

Barking Power Station refers to a series of power stations at former and current sites within the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham in east London. The original power station site, of the coal-fired A, B and C stations, was at River Road, Creekmouth, on the north bank of the River Thames. These stations were decommissioned by the end of the 1980s and have since been demolished. The later gas-fired power station (originally generally known as Barking Reach Power Station) was built further down the Thames near Dagenham Dock in the early 1990s.

Barking Power Station was completed in 1995 and has a capacity of 1,000 megawatt (MW), enough to supply over half a million homes with electricity. The site of the former power stations is being redeveloped as Barking Riverside. Barking reach closed in 2016 and has been dormant since.

LONDON (Reuters) - The operators of Barking Reach blamed the closure on poor market conditions. The claimed that because gas prices have been high relative to wholesale electricity, which power generators sell into the grid, aging power stations such as Barking with relatively low efficiency grades struggle to make a profit.

Capacity: - 1,000 megawatts

Equipment: - Five 130 megawatt GE Frame 9171E gas turbines and two steam turbines rated at 140 megawatts and 210 megawatts

The Explore

Well been watching this one for a while, Checked it more time than I can remember, we first clocked it a few years ago when we did Fords nearby and kept an eye on it.

Last Time I check it with Slayaaaa we had a way into the site worked out and just waited for the time to be right.

The proposed route in involved what looked like an old hut around the back, we had seen it on a previous visit and the plan was to climb onto the hut and literally jump into the site, we could work a way out later.

So I casually drove around to the hut, adrenaline pumping, Red bull on the go.

FUCK IT!

The hut had gone.

But it appears that they are getting ready to strip the site out, there’s a large digger and a crane on site and a load of new Heras fencing.I made my way back around the site in the car and checked for other possible entry points. Whilst doing this having a nose to see what the guy in the security hut at the front was doing.

Sleeping by the looks of things.

Touch!

I decide that I could jump the fence right on the far end of the site and make my way through to the turbine hall. This was it, over the fence, through some brambles, through loads of mud and bollocks, another fence. A big bastard palisade one. Still this was negotiated and I was making my way to the turbine halls. I had previous noticed that none of the Infa-red cameras were lit up, always a bonus.

But never one to appear too cocky I stuck to the shadows and made my way around the hall checking doors as I went.

Externals

39284819540_a143552f21_c.jpg

41050363382_01319ba8d6_c.jpg

41050336802_b1b55d0a9c_c.jpg

41093856821_8b6518bfc4_c.jpg

39284747440_c86ceb6486_c.jpg

40384167304_e6fbdb3f5e_c.jpg

27220701108_95df7be09f_c.jpg

After almost giving up I found an open door and made my way in.

40199190495_c05a8a72c3_c.jpg

Last edited:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Modern ones are definitely not a touch on the big boys, but they're still fun to visit. Never know what to expect and that control room is wicked.

mockney reject

Staff member
It’s wasnt a bad explore, just a little too modern. Very clean inside still I guess that comes from it not being open for that long.