real time web analytics
Report - - Carliol Central Office Block, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (July 2022) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Carliol Central Office Block, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (July 2022)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CB725

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello, this is my first post on 28DL.

Carliol Central is a 4-story office block that was completed in April 2007. It is rather compact as it tightly fits between Carliol Square and the Central Motorway. It was valued at £1.1m when new, but I can't find any evidence that it was ever used. In the photos to follow, you can clearly see that there is no furniture to be seen or any electronics. At some point in the past few years, it has been broken into by druggies/the homeless, giving us the opportunity to explore this place. Every floor has been wrecked, with food and other items that indicate that it has been used as a place to sleep (not to mention the overwhelming stench). The graffiti on the windows allows for some interesting shots of trains passing Manors Railway Station. Roof access was some office ceiling tiles stacked on top of each other, besides the staircase with no handrails, hence why I didn't attempt it. On my most recent visit, I found the door locked with a security firm sticker on it, so I don't think I will be visiting again any time soon as it seems pointless. Enjoy the photos I took (All taken July 2022)

IMG_6965.jpg

View from the skywalk across to Manors Car Park.

IMG_6961.jpg

View from Carliol Square.

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6952.jpg

The only lift is a Hydraulic installed by GB Lifts when the building was new, I managed to get a photo of the car top using my keys as the landing doors have not seized. I do believe the machine room was on the 3rd floor but it has been completely stripped of parts, including fixtures.

IMG_6926.jpg

The view from the stairs at the floors, all identical apart from the ground.

IMG_6946.jpg

One of the completely trashed floors.

IMG_6932.jpg

Another floor complete with drinks and dishwasher tablets...

IMG_6954.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

Some signs of living on the staircase.

IMG_6943.jpg

Manors Car Park, an amazing bit of brutalism through the glass.

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

Some shots of trains passing, a Class 158 Super Sprinter bound for Newcastle, and two LNER Azumas.

Thank you for reading.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Well formatted first report, shame its such a mess.
Might be decent for some night time low level roof topping

CB725

28DL Member
28DL Member
Well formatted first report, shame its such a mess.
Might be decent for some night time low level roof topping

Cheers, definitely visited far too late for any interesting photos of the interior, although I would have probably bumped into the people to blame for the mess . I think the abandoned section of the Newbridge Hotel nearby that crosses Market Street would be fun to roof, that’s if there’s any way up there.

Who has read this thread (Total: 167) View details