real time web analytics
Into the Zone: East Germany's Soviet Bases - September 2023 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Into the Zone: East Germany's Soviet Bases - September 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Always enjoy a big report, especially on Christmas. Really well captured.
Cheers mate, thanks for reading :thumb

That really is completely mega!
Big thanks mate!

Top-notch report as usual mate and as I've said before I love the style of this report as it is more a story of your trip rather than just a description of each place. Really nice pics. The makeshift barbell made me laugh. Any pumps in those Waterworks or just the old tanks?
Thanks really appreciate it, yeah that was the intention. I know the point is to share pictures of abandoned places, but on a personal level explores are all about the wider adventure so I wanna capture that. Yeah that was funny, could just imagine some massive Russian unit in a stripy tank top doing lifts 24/7.

Here's a few more shots of the waterworks, I think there was a stripped out area behind these where they could have been but not sure, unless that thing on the right is one?

ForstZinna-36.jpg

ForstZinna-35.jpg

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks Mikey. I think the quantity of buildings is slightly overwhelming to the point where you end up taking it for granted, but I do get a buzz out of seeing the pics. One day any untouched remnants from WW2/Cold War like this will be a distant memory so glad to have seen it.

Haha I do love these mega reports even if they're a bit lengthy. Part of the fun is telling the story of the whole adventure and usually most of the work comes before the explore itself

I love the lengthy reports mate. And seeing all the bits that make the trip make it great. Plus I love seeing food pics ha ha.

The_Raw

Staff member
Awesome report mate. Those old bases are a proper grind to find anything noteworthy but worth the effort when you come across something epic. That makeshift gym in the attic is brilliant, and so are the murals. I'm due another trip over there I think, before any more of this stuff collapses in on itself.

Hat and Hair

28DL Member
28DL Member
For sure, I found it surreal. It made me realise the Soviet Union really was alien to us, then there's just the remains of it sitting there in a country we think of as fairly close to home (compared to Russia anyway).
I love Soviet Urbex, I've done a few. After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, everything fell apart (literally)

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Awesome report mate. Those old bases are a proper grind to find anything noteworthy but worth the effort when you come across something epic. That makeshift gym in the attic is brilliant, and so are the murals. I'm due another trip over there I think, before any more of this stuff collapses in on itself.
Cheers mate yeah definitely! As much as I missed some good bits, every time you go you probably see something different. Yeah I do wonder what the long term fate of these will be, will they be demolished or just left to collapse?

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done, takes some effort to put a report like that together, well worth it though!
some great shots in there, love the huge staircase shot from the last visit. Epic!

Who has read this thread (Total: 166) View details