real time web analytics
Report - - The Italian Job, Bury - March 2014 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Italian Job, Bury - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG_0685.jpg

Loving this mix of brickwork, cracking shot mate.

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
Only just seen all of this, my bad as been busy with work! I don't plan on dying underground at all - that was the reason for getting the 4gas, its a start to the safety equipment.

SnakeOil, the maintenance isn't too bad til one of your sensors goes.. The way I see it, there is no value on your life.

I've been guilty on draining without the meter/literally in trainers and a pair of old trakki's and do realise this was a stupid move, but then on the other hand (and not that im justifying unsafe draining) all hobbies come with a risk.

Peace guys and safe draining!

Guzford

28DL Member
28DL Member
H2S is nasty, if you go into a sewer without a gas monitor you are just asking for trouble, the reading you got was 2 ppm (parts per million), and at really high levels it is explosive..........but it will have poisoned you way before it gets that high!!! It usually gives off a nasty egg smell, although after exposure to it for a few minutes your nose becomes de-sensitised to it which makes it even more dangerous as you can think it has gone away when it hasn't!!!! The black sludge in this sewer means that is is going septic, and this is where the h2s is coming from, so beware black sludge when down there, try not to disturb it!! (also means theres a good chance of methane down there too so no smoking lol)

Last edited: