real time web analytics
Report - - Tone Mill (Fox Brothers), Near Wellington, Somerset, April 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tone Mill (Fox Brothers), Near Wellington, Somerset, April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Laurie Dear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After looking up where to explore, Tonedale didn't see too far so drove down on a beautiful weekend ready for some good exploring. Not having explored much entrance was a little spectacular and slightly unnecessary. Found ourselves feeling a little stupid but live and learn!

So a little about the history that i've summed up from reading other reports from this forum and other web pages.

Tone Mills was a water-powered cloth finishing and dye works that was established by the Fox Brothers and Co and dates from 1830. It is now a grade II* listed building and closed in 2000. All the machinary that is used with the dyeing and finishing of woollen cloths remain there.

DSC_8709_zps2ada71d6.jpg

DSC_8796_zps0f82f0c2.jpg

DSC_8777_zps53da0c81.jpg

DSC_8771_zpsfa88da85.jpg

DSC_8763_zpsee56e63f.jpg

DSC_8744_zpscc37f0b5.jpg

DSC_8739_zps2a862f5e.jpg

DSC_8734_zpseb85a89e.jpg

Enjoy

wellingtonian

Subterráneo
Regular User
Re: Tonedale Mill (Fox Brothers), Near Wellington, Somerset, April 2014

Nice set fella. It's fairly special isn't it.
Not being picky, but you might want to edit your title to Tone Mill. Tonedale Mill is about half a mile up the road. :thumb

Laurie Dear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i read a comment on another report a while back and i said to the guy i was with, i know who's cards these are ;)

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details