real time web analytics
Report - - Villa Z, Italy - June 2022 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Villa Z, Italy - June 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Previous reports from around 2017-2020 state this property to be in and around a 20 year mark of abandonment. And it really did show in places...

This was a very easy explore on a very rainy but humid day on a North Italy roadtrip.

There was little remaining in the property on the whole but the frescoes were fantastic in some parts. I only wish I had better photos to share to document these but I hope what I have shot will do to out what these were like into perspective.

It was an absolute treat to head upstairs to find some rooms with items in after exploring the relatively empty downstairs. Sure, there wasn't a lot up here but enough to keep me happy!

The chapel was covered in pigeon feaces which I guess was to be expected considering how it was so open to the elements (plus the flapping sound of pigeons could be heard upon the walk from the main house, across the courtyard, towards the chapel so you kind of had to prepare for it before entering anyway). I spent very little time in here, although I would admit it is a bold feature of the whole site and was one of the key points of this explore for me. I think you can appreciate a wonderful aspect of an abandoned site without spending too long inhaling nasty pigeon poo... or perhaps I am justifying my lack of time spent here as I know deep inside that it was down to my lack of a decent mask... who knows...

It was also so good to see a place with no graffiti and only natural decay, as many other sites I have visited, particularly during my Italy trip, appeared to be less lucky.

This has been a pretty well done location in the past but was still high up on my agenda for this trip. I've also not seen a lot of this place since covid/lockdown/travel restrictions, so feel that although it may not be "new" to some, it may be nice to see this place one again.
BOP_2452-01.jpeg

BOP_2429-01.jpeg

BOP_2415-01.jpeg

BOP_2396-01.jpeg

BOP_2297-01.jpeg

BOP_2352-01.jpeg

BOP_2368-01.jpeg

BOP_2359-01.jpeg

BOP_2458-01.jpeg