real time web analytics
Report - - 2023 Crisp Delph Sealed Again! | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 2023 Crisp Delph Sealed Again!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Inevitable. But you know if they sorted proper access for the right people (organised BCA Groups) would solve alot of problems and filter out the goons. Could also make a few bob out of it. They basically have a huge tourist attraction in there back yard.

Urbex g00n

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Inevitable. But you know if they sorted proper access for the right people (organised BCA Groups) would solve alot of problems and filter out the goons. Could also make a few bob out of it. They basically have a huge tourist attraction in there back yard.

These tools always end up on some kind of blag though! Look at the fuss Dan Prixon and his dickhead chums caused in Welsh mine :wanker

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
These tools always end up on some kind of blag though! Look at the fuss Dan Prixon and his dickhead chums caused in Welsh mine :wanker
Anyone who's letting them into locked mines simply put should never be allowed them privileges again. Must be offered alot of bribes by the youtubers surely.

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
I’d be interested to know the outcome of this, I can understand the landowner being pissed off with all the unwanted visits but he must of known that it was a possibility when he bought the land, it doesn’t mean he can just seal off a roost because of it.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I’m guessing landowner didn’t know about the bats.
They will have a bastard of a job getting that concrete out just to redo it with rebar/grills etc.
It’s such a small space it could be effectively sealed whilst allowing bat access

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
They will have a bastard of a job getting that concrete out just to redo it with rebar/grills etc.
It’s such a small space it could be effectively sealed whilst allowing bat access
I suppose it’s not common knowledge about the bats, I wouldn’t want to be the one who has to dig that concrete out especially if its by hand 😂, that’s a digger and pecker job all day long! That’ll be a nice learning curve for the land owner :rofl

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I have never been myself, do you mean the mine is a small space or the entrance ? If the passage was small to get in I assume they built a wall at the end to retain the concrete ? If this is the only air intake the bats will be dead & they certainly will go prison it’s a monster fine killing a bat thousands per bat

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
@Down and beyond as In the entrance is a small space,easy to secure and make awkward to use tools to get in.

They won’t go to prison the most they will get is a fine.

A man admitted to destroying a bat roost on purpose back in 2019 because he didn’t like it and got a £7000 fine

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I suppose it’s not common knowledge about the bats, I wouldn’t want to be the one who has to dig that concrete out especially if its by hand 😂, that’s a digger and pecker job all day long! That’ll be a nice learning curve for the land owner :rofl

honestly thought everyone knew that or do u mean its not common knowledge they are in there.

people dont realise disturbing a schedule 1 bird falls under the same rules. The barn owl is an example which Im sorry to admit Iv disturbed dozens while out exploring.
I think the ruling is to "intentionally" disturb so if you go in somewhere & are unaware there is bats or owls I doubt you could be charged but yes blocking a roost his only defence would be that he didnt think there was any in there.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Ahhh I see thanks . Found this 1 also

Bats can often present challenges on development sites. As a protected species, all bats and their roosts are protected from disturbance and damage, the breach of which can result in hefty penalties.

A fine of up to £5,000 per bat and up to six months in prison can be implemented. On numerous occasions, developers and individuals who did not follow legislation or advice have ended up disturbing or destroying bats. An example of this was seen in the news when a property developer was fined over £10,000 for destroying a bat roost after not following advice and obtaining a license.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bats can often present challenges on development sites. As a protected species, all bats and their roosts are protected from disturbance and damage, the breach of which can result in hefty penalties.
yep tell us about it, our old workshop is a prime example.

Just putting some bat signs up can cause a world of trouble I heard!

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Loved this mine, but not surprised it got shut permanently, if it was getting spaffed everywhere.

38646946430_3111ecbe4d_o.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 292) View details