real time web analytics
28 Days Later Annual Meet, Sheffield, 13th April 2024 | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28 Days Later Annual Meet, Sheffield, 13th April 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
28 Days Later Annual Meet Up - Saturday 13th April 2024
It's about time we got another of these going – our Annual Forum Meetup is just around the corner, and we're stoked to see everyone there, old, new, and everyone in-between. Attending my first one years ago introduced me to some of my best mates, there's quite a few new members since the last one so we're excited to put some names to faces etc. Newbie's welcome as well! Don't be shy!

Event Details
  • Date: April 13, 2024
  • Time: 5pm until close!
  • Where: Rutland Arms, 86 Brown Street, Sheffield, S1 2BS

So what happens at a 28 days later meet? We all come together and get on the pints have some food and have a good catch up, whatever happens after is up to you lot! We'll get the following going:
  • Drain trip Saturday day (details to be confirmed).​
  • For those that want to make a weekend of it, we'll probably meet up at Fat Cat on the Friday and do some exploring if anyone is keen, let me know if you're interested!​
  • Camping after for those that don't want to spend out on a hotel!​

Yes I know, it's another meet up in the North but I thought I'd just get a meet up going, so if you're upset it's too far for you, hopefully you can still make it, but otherwise, express interest and maybe we can do another meet up in the later half of the year. Sheffield has plenty to offer everyone, mines, caves, drains, derps, live industry, countryside, roofs, cranes, its got the lot!

Getting There

Rutland Arms is within walking distance of Sheffield Railway Station and I'll attach some links for parking.
It's a bangin boozer full of quirky stuff and has some fantastic beer. There's a large outside area and I've enquired on also using their upstairs so we don't cram their pub completely. They also do pretty good food at very reasonable prices so make sure you get in on that. (I think they stop food at 8 so you'll have plenty of time).

Hotels

Novotel round he corner: Novotel Sheffield Centre · 50 Arundel Gate, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2PR
Premier inn a bit further away but cheap! Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) hotel · Young St, Broomhall, Sheffield S1 4UP
Hostel a bit further out for mega cheap accommodation: Russell Scott BackPackers hostel - Sheffield · Brandreth House, 28 Brandreth Rd, Sheffield S6 3JU

Lets see how many people we can get in a 2 bed Premier Inn!

Parking

The trams are great in Sheffield and stop near the Rutland so if you can park out of town and leave your car its usually an easier option. You can also park in Kelham Island easily and walk in.
Please be aware, if you're in a non Euro 4 rated van, you will be charged if you travel within the Clean Air Zone.

The closest, but probably not the cheapest: NCP Sheffield Sidney Street · Sidney St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 4RG
Q park in town: Q-Park Charles Street · 72 Charles St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2NJ
Not too far and £5 for 12 hours: Beeley Street Car Park · Beeley St, Highfield, Sheffield S2 4LP

Any questions, give me a PM or reply to this thread. If you're coming give us a shout and we can get on some derping throughout the weekend!

See you on April the 13th looking forward to it!​

Who has read this thread (Total: 483) View details