real time web analytics
Around Taiwan in 5 days, January 2023 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Around Taiwan in 5 days, January 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

True_British_Metal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Guanmiao one is a gem. From what I understand it underwent some intense renovation just before it closed, which probably helped it hold up so well.
Dianji's a personal favourite though, such a great facade and the interior was truly something to behold when it was intact - such a shame some contractors (possibly at the behest of the owner) ripped out the stage and all the wooden seating a few years back.
How do you know so much, are you Taiwanese?

Dianji was miscommunication, going on a news report. It was supposed to be a site survey, but the owner removed the seating and stage which was debris anyway, and would have to be replaced.

Unsympathetica

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How do you know so much, are you Taiwanese?

Dianji was miscommunication, going on a news report. It was supposed to be a site survey, but the owner removed the seating and stage which was debris anyway, and would have to be replaced.
Yeah I'd like to assume it was just a mistake, but a lot of owners want to rid themselves of the protected buildings they've found themselves straddled with to release the land for sale. Kind of understandable, but wouldn't be the first time they tried to see how far they can push things and if they get a reaction!

Nah not Taiwanese, but I lived there for a spell and go back regularly. I got personally interested in the old cinemas so I've checked out a fair few.