real time web analytics
Information - - 3 arrested | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - 3 arrested

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Theanders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is not a report of an exploration, rather an exploration that has gone wrong for 3 people who are hopefully not members of thus esteemed parish.

British Transport Police tonight (12-05-2025) attended Camden Catacombs in NW London and arrested 3 trespassers who stated they were merely "curious urban explorers" and not squatters or vandals etc. They were caught because their presence activated PIR security cameras which passed their images direct to the BTP control room at Wembley.

I hope it's no one from here. Be careful out there

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
People need to realise the consiquences of tresspassing here.
But to be honest, BTP should stick a few signs up to make everyone aware.

Theanders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where did you get your info mate?

No it wasn't me.
I work for one London's train operating companies. We park some of our trains at Camden sidings which is directly above the catacombs over night so we can carry out maintenance etc. Whilst I was in the office there the BTP visited to check that no one had trespassed into our part of the depot, he told me what had gone on below

Last edited by a moderator:

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
I just don't get it tbh, none of it stacks up. How would anyone fit PIR's and have them wired up to a central system? Then have someone sit and watch them? How are they serviced? What if a fox triggers them? Wouldn't really be a good use of tax payers money and very complicated to implement. I stand to be corrected but it all sounds too far Sci-Fi to me. I think it's more likely the restaurant or one of the residents getting the arse.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I just don't get it tbh, none of it stacks up. How would anyone fit PIR's and have them wired up to a central system? Then have someone sit and watch them? How are they serviced? What if a fox triggers them? Wouldn't really be a good use of tax payers money and very complicated to implement. I stand to be corrected but it all sounds too far Sci-Fi to me. I think it's more likely the restaurant or one of the residents getting the arse.

Agreed, however fact of the matter is anyone who has ventured past either portal in like past 18 months or so has ended up having collars felt, so I'd assume not everyone is wired to the moon!

Theanders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As I understand it, they are just PIR activated cameras that are remotely monitored. If a fox triggers it then no one will attend, however a person seen on the camera who doesn't look like they belong would trigger a response

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well that's unfortunate , certainly is a reminder of
How careful you really need to be when you are
Out and about.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
BTP are privately funded by the train companies, so they're wadded.

Athough you could argue the train companies are subsidised by the Government so indirectly it's still tax payers money.

There could be a strong case to argue as there are zero signs indicating it's railway property.

Tomw1989

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is legit. I saw someone post on the FB page saying he was one of the guys arrested and asking for advice regarding possible consequences.

Theanders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The following mighty words of wisdom were spoken by Maniac:Not Worthy
"There could be a strong case to argue as there are zero signs indicating it's railway property."

I suppose you could argue that you didn't know it was railway property, however the 2 metal parallel lines at 4`8 and a half inches apart be something of a give away :thumb