real time web analytics
Report - - A.E Charlesworth & Co Ltd, Leicester - July 2016 [PREAMBLE WARNING] | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A.E Charlesworth & Co Ltd, Leicester - July 2016 [PREAMBLE WARNING]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

matt09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First off I would strongly advise against visiting this building. In addition to the compelling evidence of multiple people living here, I encountered a group of foreign (possibly Romanian) men who clearly did not want people in the building and what appeared to be potential traps to injure unwanted explorers. Scroll down for details, the former has also been reported by others.

Do not visit this building alone and observe extra caution around the site at all times.

Traps had always been in the back of my mind though I never expected to encounter any so soon. I would be interested to know if other people have experienced this before?

History:

A.E Charlesworth was a company that specialized in being hosiery dyers and finishers, it was investigated by HSE on a few occasions that may have been due to the working conditions that staff were expected to work under.

In 2010 the company was officially closed after the company called the liquidators in 2007, and so an era of factories such as this one ended. And with it peoples way of life to earn a living, especially in conditions that would not be deemed acceptable now.

The explore:

The most interesting and potentially dangerous explore I have done especially since I was alone. I found two "dens" with food that was clearly fresh from that day and some which had been left out to defrost. As I was in the far left of the building a group of men entered the furthest point away and proceeded up the stairs. I continued on until they released I was there heard very heavy progressive banging with movement of people and bolted out of there. They seemed to be on the first floor in a small room on the far right of the building next to the staircase / toilet on the first floor and were speaking some eastern European language.

27945660802_282b6dc3b9_b.jpg

27434127394_ee0a72e3af_b.jpg

27767323320_9e8dc7ffee_b.jpg

27945578462_7c99813fd3_b.jpg

28013405246_18c4031110_b.jpg

As I cautiously opened the door form afar, a heavy metal object slid down through the top and became wedged.

Since the door was almost closed and with nothing but a narrow door frame and blank wall above, it seems a virtually impossible coincidence this foreign object would exist in this position - and is likely it had been set up so as to cause injury to an explorer.

27945584952_deb8129941_b.jpg

28047884345_2a53abca61_b.jpg

28047890575_dafe397687_b.jpg

28013416866_dd58f2c0db_b.jpg

27434160244_aa4710d2db_b.jpg

27945612202_24e8315a26_b.jpg

27945615372_15fb0b28f6_b.jpg

27970507321_c78768139e_b.jpg

27970512611_cfbbe11613_b.jpg

27945633992_5c2494bd97_b.jpg

28013452026_5676d91ba3_b.jpg

27945650442_7e50fefcb7_b.jpg

Last edited:

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
We went round here twice last year, and there was no one living there then.
What you've found doesn't look good.
I also heard there was a fire there recently?

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Nice report, you've certainly been busy recently :thumb
For your pics, I'd recommend using a tripod and light painting to light up the whole shot. Takes a bit of practice, but you'll get it after a while.
I've heard stories of dodgey people being around this place. Sounds as though drugs are involved, from what I've been told. Best advice I can give is to avoid this one.

matt09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn't find any evidence of fire damage or any burnt piles but there were parts of the building I didn't risk exploring / trapping myself with other people there.
At the moment I'm enjoying travelling light, not having a tripod does indeed add a certain challenge to it - especially in low lighting!
The camera I use is pretty old and inexpensive though so not sure how much benefit there would be unless I upgraded.

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see your report on this, really spooky that they managed to set up traps, I guess they're really sick of people snooping in and around. Also nice to see that orange chair again, we dropped it in on our first night visiting there. Bit of a shame on this one, it's a rather nice place in my opinion, but whatever dodgy people use this place for really ruins it. They had drills when we went, best to keep well clear.

matt09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh god.. I heard drills but I assumed it couldn't have been from inside the building and was never quite sure. It must have been after all then.. it stopped when I was exploring upstairs.

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We never got the chance to explore upstairs which still really irks me as I hate leaving a building not completely seen or explored, but when we got into the building there were men already upstairs and the late comer just alerted us to the situation. If he didn't come when he did, we would have gone upstairs and encountered the drill wielding what we presume to be Serbs. Surprised no neighbor has reported the place to the popo yet.

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been a good couple of years since my last visit here, they were in and out of there back then too.

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member
LoL you shouldve seen Corah when me and Goldie looked through a door and there were loads of homeless dudes asleep in sleeping bags
and the sky plaza with mr sam that was really random !

i honestly dont think weve ever had any trouble with homeless people in leics while out exploring
instead of shitting your pants just say Hi, and dont fuck about with their stuff

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's very unlikely they're homeless people, they're too well kept and well dressed in fresh new clothing. They have lied about being urban explorers and most likely lying about "living" there too. They've set up traps, they're not friendly and they have drills. There's monitors and computers upstairs from what I've seen too and they visit the place about twice a day. I don't really see a reason for homeless people to be drilling in a derelict factory, it's definitely much darker.

Joe1978

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Coo pics mate, wonder if the romainians are still there love to know what they was drilling possibly nicking the wiring and copper piping

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Homeless people in abandoned buildings is quite a common thing to be fair mate. Best thing to do is just try and remain calm and undetected.