Web
Analytics
A 'Film Shots' Thread | Photo Threads | Page 24 | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

A 'Film Shots' Thread

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Nice! I need to get out with the film camera again soon... got some B&W loaded up right now that needs using
I've ended up with three that I like to use at the moment, so I keep on having half shot films sitting in them. I'm too much of a pussy to use film for 'serious' exploring.

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
I've ended up with three that I like to use at the moment, so I keep on having half shot films sitting in them. I'm too much of a pussy to use film for 'serious' exploring.
Hahaha, that's me all over, several cameras with half used rolls in them.

I'd be confident enough to take only a film camera for quite a lot of places now.... but for anything really big or epic I'd always go digital

Boba Low

____/
Regular User
Both wrong, the only way to enjoy an explore is to bring exclusively one 35mm slr with unknown battery life (if applicable). Take loads of shit shots cos your nervous on really expensive but ultimately well expired slide film, to be developed haphazardly by some 16 year old in a boutique lab for twice the original cost of the film. Upon receipt of the prints/slides/scans, best practice is to promptly lose them, to rematerialise either 2 years after demolition/exploring season, or never.

So rewarding.

Last edited:

Boomstick84

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Whenever I see a notification pop up for the film shots thread and see @drhowser I know it's going to be good.

Those are banging. Always baffles me how ridiculously big those Hong Kong housing estates look.

Last edited:

Boomstick84

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Anyone here ever shot with Cinestill 800 at all?

Been having a look at this recently and really love the look it produces, especially for city/night shots. Tempted to give it a try but at around £15 a roll for 35mm (before processing) it's a pricey roll of film!

Seems to be quite popular in the states but have seen very little of anyone shooting any over here so would be interested to hear anyone's veridict on it who does!