real time web analytics
A new forum suggestion... | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A new forum suggestion...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can I suggest something that might be interesting to do, especially during lockdown when we can't explore? I think it would be really great to have a forum, possibly called "Urbex Unsolved". I think everyone would have encountered something on an explore that's a real mystery they'd love to solve. I'm sure the forum is full of these mysteries but they are lost in the sheer volume of content. But they could be extracted and made into posts in their own right within their own forum.

Here is an example of what I mean https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/silverlands-orphanage-the-grave-chertsey-2015.126185/

Also, its something that's only suitable to the forum format and not something that can be easily done on facebook or social media. And more importantly the wisdom of the crowd might get some of these mysteries solved. What are people's thoughts?

chills

Queller of the uprising
That’s the general point of the lead and rumours section on the forum, or addressing it in a report. Things will never always be solved, and equally addressing these points won’t always bring you answers. If you really wish to do something like this, go ahead, make your own forum.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
A cataligue of 256k+ posts is a lot for forum admin to go through when this isn't their full time occupation. We discuss stuff when it's brought up in an explore or people make a specific thread to ask questions in the leads or rumours section as chills said.
I don't personally think we need a specific section for such things.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I think if anyone knew who the old man was they would of said on your report sadly mate probaly better to contact the National archives about that suggestion of thread but who knows some one might no ! :thumb

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I agree it can fit into rumours or other forums but that's not really the point, its that people generally don't make such posts, so having a forum would act as a prompt. I can think of possible 2 or 3 interesting posts I could do on this and I'm sure other could do the same. Just they generally won't, and I'm unlikely to. From a post I read here ages ago, where someone was asking why people don't post reports here but prefer facebook I thought the group was looking for ways to differentiate from facebook which I presume has had an impact on 28dl. And things like this suit this format and not facebook. Anyway your call, but I think 28dl could be a lot more dynamic and interesting with some innovation. I'd love to see what content this forum would produce as its not something I've seen before as a focus for the urbex community but clearly its got not a single piece of support. Oh well!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Other than a grave what other examples can you give? I can’t think of many unsolved things to do with ue? Most people on here do a pretty good job of finding out history of places.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Perhaps it would be better to add a prefix in a different forum, I don't think it would generate enough posts or discussion for its own section. It might also attract the ghost hunter 'types'

The site is already different to the facebook group, on FB it's literally just photos with no history or write up

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Other than a grave what other examples can you give? I can’t think of many unsolved things to do with ue? Most people on here do a pretty good job of finding out history of places.

I've always wonder WTF this is :) Its in the basement at Zombie Hall (I think that's still its urbex name).