real time web analytics
A new forum suggestion... | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A new forum suggestion...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

chills

Queller of the uprising
I've always wonder WTF this is :) Its in the basement at Zombie Hall (I think that's still its urbex name).

Well I can solve this ‘mystery’ quite easily. It’s clearly some propane tanks sprayed silver (see the graffiti can in the background) with a mop handle taped to the side, strapped to a naff attempt at a wooden chair for that famous ‘spooky urbex shot’ that’s ever so common nowadays, or, as @albino-jay put it, a wank prop. Mystery solved.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I can solve this ‘mystery’ quite easily. It’s clearly some propane tanks sprayed silver (see the graffiti can in the background) with a mop handle taped to the side, strapped to a naff attempt at a wooden chair for that famous ‘spooky urbex shot’ that’s ever so common nowadays, or, as @albino-jay put it, a wank prop. Mystery solved.

Maybe but even the chair has been custom made. And this photo is about 5 years old, before the goons really got started with their crap. You could be right but its very elaborate.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Maybe but even the chair has been custom made. And this photo is about 5 years old, before the goons really got started with their crap. You could be right but its very elaborate.

There’s nowt elaborate about it mate. It’s a few bits of wood nailed together with some gas bottles next to it. It’s fuck all.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There’s nowt elaborate about it mate. It’s a few bits of wood nailed together with some gas bottles next to it. It’s fuck all.

I'm just trying to have a bit of fun. Why do you feel the need to be so rude? Did your mum not teach you manners?

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Wrong thread matey!
Yes I was going to put it on the collapsed thread but the way this coach collapsed is unexplained. Theory is poor design - but that is only a theory - and doesn't explain why all such coaches didn't collapse inwards - more likely to be how it's been treated during it's lifetime. Some history. YYK 765, new to Creams of Islington was a 1960 Bedford SB8 with Duple Super Vega body. Sadly as you can see in the photo taken in 2010 the coach didn't survive into preservation. It was with Hookways for a time during the 1970's and 1980's with the intention of restoration but later moved to Winkleigh where it slowly returned to nature collapsing on itself. The rear axle has been donated to another project and it's possible the body is still in the woods - stand by for new Toon video - unexplained [coach] body found in woods in North Devon. They have to find it first - as my picture was taken nearly 11 years ago. Harder to explain this than a silver gas cylinder and it's a real mystery not something set up for a camera.

Last edited:

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I answered your question how am I being rude? I’m simply saying it as it is.

Your wording is clearly very rude, why were you swearing! Even if it they were props I'd still be interested to see what they were for, I've only seen one comparable/better setup to this (Bleak Farm Bones) and I've done a lot of urbex. If you don't think this was elaborate then please let me know where you've seen better because it would be interesting to know...

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Come on let’s not let this escalate into some pissing contest!

Last thing Mr Albino needs to be doing is rolling out his back catalogue of UE over some petty nonsense.

He wasn’t being rude IMO he was referring to the “prop”.

Let’s move along the bus now please :thumb

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Come on let’s not let this escalate into some pissing contest!

Last thing Mr Albino needs to be doing is rolling out his back catalogue of UE over some petty nonsense.

He wasn’t being rude IMO he was referring to the “prop”.

Let’s move along the bus now please :thumb

fuck you Ojay I swear when I want LOOOOOL

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Think the best prop I’ve seen is the millennium Falcon at greenham common or the Sahara set at Pyestock.......but then these were proper props rather than set up exploring shots.