Web
Analytics
Report - - A visit to Shoreham Cement Works in 2001 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - A visit to Shoreham Cement Works in 2001

subwoofer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As a first report on this forum I thought I would share a few photos from a visit to the Shoreham Cement Works in 2001. I was inspired to dig these out after posting in the introductions forum.

At the time, the only security was a bolted together temporary fence like they use at some short events.

The Landmark Chimney which can be seen from miles around.
Chimney-DSCF0182.jpg

Some areas were too difficult to get into
Mesh-DSCF0208.jpg

The main works and base of the landmark chimney
Works-DSCF0180.jpg

Overpass-DSCF0181.jpg

Tower-DSCF0186.jpg

Tower-DSCF0174.jpg

MetalPlatformDSCF0156.jpg

Life starting to return....
LifeReturning-DSCF0171.jpg

Dried up slurry
Shoreham1.jpg

My girlfriend of the time taking a turn in an old grinder
Shoreham2.jpg

Security has been on the increase in recent years, but I intend to return.

As the Cyberdyne Systems Series 800 Model 101 would say,... 'I'll be back'.

Attachments