real time web analytics
Report - - Dairycrest visit, Devon - May 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dairycrest visit, Devon - May 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dairycrest, an abandoned milk based factory in Devon has probably been done to death by many on this site but it's the first time in years I found myself in this part of the world!

I'd read about a fire here which apparently occurred in March 2023 so I wasn't sure if the site would still be accessible. Luckily it was.

On my bimble around the site, I got talking to a local old gent walking his uber aggressive dog. While I would normally expect to be met with a pitch fork wielding local yokel in this rural part of Devon, the local gent was quite pleasant (to my surprise!)

He revealed the cause of the fire was a disgruntled HGV driver who had dumped a load of hand wash soap on site and someone came along and set fire to it.

Like I say, this place has been done many times but what I didn't expected was to find this place was more like an art gallery!

Dairy-Factory1.jpg

Dairy-Factory2.jpg

Dairy-Factory3.jpg

Dairy-Factory4.jpg

Dairy-Factory5.jpg

Dairy-Factory6.jpg

Dairy-Factory7.jpg

Dairy-Factory8.jpg

Dairy-Factory9.jpg

Dairy-Factory10.jpg

Dairy-Factory11.jpg

Dairy-Factory12.jpg

Dairy-Factory13.jpg

Dairy-Factory14.jpg

Dairy-Factory16.jpg

Dairy-Factory17.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I love your pics, always so sharp, and well captured. Although this place is obliterated and has been done to death, it is one I still wouldn't mind doing if I ever end up down that way.

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks @dansgas1000, much appreciated. If you do get down there, maybe take a mask for the art deco offices. I ventured in and within 5 minutes ran out of the building coughing up the dust haha. I feel like I missed quite a bit of the site....

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks @dansgas1000, much appreciated. If you do get down there, maybe take a mask for the art deco offices. I ventured in and within 5 minutes ran out of the building coughing up the dust haha. I feel like I missed quite a bit of the site....
It seems to be one of those places where you always miss a few bits until you've been two or three times!

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Graff here is always changing, and generally pretty decent, so nice to see it crop up on here every few months for the changes! That mannequin is new too, I'm surprised it wasn't in the makeshift cage near the switch room 😂

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this still active, was reading its going to be developed. Want to head down this way later in the week.

Doylez15

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is this still active, was reading its going to be developed. Want to head down this way later in the week.
My family own agricultural property nearby and unfortunately the demolition people have already started. They have fenced off all of the buildings but have kept the road right of way through the dairy. They started on the 6th November I believe and have already knocked down the powder storage warehouse and the butter storage although the drying cooling tower and all the art deco buildings are still standing. So unless you want to document the externals and the demolition work I would not bother coming down. So sad to see it go, I loved exploring and chilling with friends there. I hope this helps.

Who has read this thread (Total: 165) View details