Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned Army Camp...Tenerife..Jan 09 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Abandoned Army Camp...Tenerife..Jan 09

stepping lightly

Stolenmoments
Regular User
Situated near Poris de Abona on the island of Tenerife (out towards the lighthouse)
Status: Seems abandoned and a haunt for the local taggers, it’s a little run down and would have been a better find maybe 10 years ago..
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=28.146413&lon=-16.433921&z=17.1&r=26&src=msa
I would love to give this place a bit of history, but being military and Spanish id say my chances of finding anything on the net are pretty slim.
As I walked towards the gate…..
IMG_4973.jpg

The size of the camp became more apparent , wow its huge passing the first building on the left which had that “Alamo†look about it…Then a quick nosey in the generator house , which had still the remains of a couple of generators.
Its hard to know which way to explore first as there is so much of it , I opted for the large official looking building….
IMG_4971.jpg

Todo por la patria….Everything for the people
IMG_4890.jpg

Looking back at the mess blocks id just came past…
IMG_4964.jpg

Looking across a small valley with the remains of an old jeep and numerous other buildings….
IMG_4908.jpg

I then headed for the largest building…
IMG_4967.jpg

Passing this…
IMG_4915.jpg

And this on route..
IMG_4907.jpg

As I came out of the rear of this building..
IMG_4906.jpg

I was greeted by what I can only describe as “WOWâ€
No not that , part II will be along shortly (depending on photobucket)……….

Attachments

stepping lightly

Stolenmoments
Regular User
Part II
Is that a , no it can't be , why would an army camp have a church ?
IMG_4919.jpg

Ho my God !!!!
IMG_4920.jpg

Looking towards the alter...
IMG_4923.jpg

Looking to the back...
IMG_4944.jpg

It,s funny how you'll find sanctuary...
IMG_4940.jpg

If this would have been in focus...
IMG_4950.jpg

Ho and if you do ever visit this place take a torch as there is lodes of under ground stuff..
IMG_4969.jpg

Make sure you pick a nice day though it was freezing when I went :rolleyes:

Attachments