real time web analytics
Abandoned Furniture Shop, Ogmore Vale, south Wales. March 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Abandoned Furniture Shop, Ogmore Vale, south Wales. March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

algorithm&blues

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Abandoned Furniture Shop, Ogmore Vale

Stumbled upon this building while checking out a disused petrol station further up the valley.

It's an eery disused furniture shop with a factory attached to it. I don't know too much about the building as I don't live in the area, but a Google Street View shows the factory/shop as being open as near as last Spring.

The building is still in pretty good condition, has very minimal signs of graffiti (more the way of local kids with permanent markers rather than full scale spraycan work). The building's forecourt is a popular spot for flytipping, we found evidence of this in hundreds of photographs and day planner diaries dumped at the entrance all seeming to come from one or two families in the local area.

What struck is most of the lack of evidence showing that it was previously a furniture shop/factory, some of the shots looking back even look slightly "medical".

13315350053_dcb6871828_c.jpg

13315543974_dce624de26_c.jpg

13315522784_c3b00d89c8_c.jpg

13315514824_b7ab44b792_c.jpg

13315126995_62406b7ce8_c.jpg

13315054835_a619fe5fae_c.jpg

13315147873_e460f8dc97_c.jpg

13315117843_cdd6f71c6e_c.jpg

13315252094_f4a47782fb_c.jpg

13315302934_23340780f8_c.jpg

13315005035_bdcfd62478_c.jpg

Last edited:

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Re: Abandoned Furniture Shop, Ogmore Vale, south Wales.

Looks more like some kind of meat processing place by the tiles/venting/doors.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

More like the furniture abandoned the shop looking at it :D

algorithm&blues

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Looking it up on Google Street View, it's a bit inconclusive - however the building still has the Furniture Shop signage. I don't know anything about the building though or its history. So it very well could have been something else prior to being a furniture shop.

I'm trying to research the building, but because the area is so far up the Bridgend Valleys, information is a little scarce :)

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
This place was just a general shop for a while , Pikey city in that area to be fair, the petrol station is the same, dont expect your car to be there when you get back !!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Almost looks mortuary like. The door is definitely a refrigerant style lock/thick seal job.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
It used to be a dairy years ago hence the fridges in the back, just had confirmation off someone who lives in the area

gas man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It used to be a dairy years ago hence the fridges in the back, just had confirmation off someone who lives in the area

only furniture shop i can think of in ogmore vale is glacks,thought they were still trading though?

algorithm&blues

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the heads up so far. I've got a couple of friends who live in the surrounding areas, but no-one has enough knowledge of that specific area to know the history of the building - other than one person remembered it selling cheap settees a couple of years ago.