real time web analytics
Video - - Abandoned Mine- Beeston, Nottingham | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Abandoned Mine- Beeston, Nottingham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

So I went out on a simple dog walk not too long back, and happened to come across what looked like an old mine, or quarry. I did lots of research, and looked on various maps to see what it was, but found nothing. Eventually I decided to ask the locals, but some were just as clueless. One man told me it was a gold mine, another that it was a quarry, however the vast majority (3 people) claimed it was an old copper mine which later turned into an electric works, which is pretty precise, so I'm guessing they knew what they were talking about.
Anyway I explored all of the buildings, but couldn't locate the actual mine shaft, just a small cave. It was an interesting location, I would just love to know more about the place.
This is my first post anyway, so I hope you like it! The full explore is on YouTube here, I'm currently trying to upload images but can't work out how...

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So I went out on a simple dog walk not too long back, and happened to come across what looked like an old mine, or quarry. I did lots of research, and looked on various maps to see what it was, but found nothing. Eventually I decided to ask the locals, but some were just as clueless. One man told me it was a gold mine, another that it was a quarry, however the vast majority (3 people) claimed it was an old copper mine which later turned into an electric works, which is pretty precise, so I'm guessing they knew what they were talking about.
Anyway I explored all of the buildings, but couldn't locate the actual mine shaft, just a small cave. It was an interesting location, I would just love to know more about the place.
This is my first post anyway, so I hope you like it! The full explore is on YouTube here, I'm currently trying to upload images but can't work out how...

Nice video mate, may have to check this out as I'm in Nottingham at the weekend, as for the pictures I do believe you need to link them from an external website as this site no longer supports the upload system.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I find it difficult to believe that it is copper as beeston was a coal mining area. Copper mines are more suited to the peaks where lead and other minerals are found.

I have tried to do a search online but it really only comes back with coal mines, i will look at the uk mineral map and see if copper was found around nottingham but as far as i am aware it was predominantly coal.

Rob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This isn't Beeston in Nottingham the geology is wrong. Looks like a limestone mine or quarry in Derbyshire would be my guess, Possably Beeston Tor in the Manifold valley. there are allot of disused mine workings in that area.