real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Naval Base - Ipswich | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Naval Base - Ipswich

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DeFiNiTlYnOtHaUnTeD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
LAST VISIT - 23/07/2019
SECURITY - One stationed guard, doesn't move from that spot

So I have been to a few places before, but never really been to anything this size before...
I initially came to the naval base at night with a few mates and was blown away by the sheer size of the place. So blown away, I had to come back to get some daytime shots and so glad I did. I haven't got pictures of the entire site, so anyone visiting will have more to explore with no spoilers :)
One thing to note is the security there. Its definitely manageable but we were having problems getting to certain parts of the complex because of the security guard sitting in her car. All I will say is you can access everything as there are multiple entrances to the site, you just need to be patient and find them.
The place itself is fantastic. Loads of buildings to explore with entrances into all of them! We found underground tunnels, a large swimming pool, a watch tower (lighthouse thing), and multiple (what looked to be) factory type areas. Be careful going on certain second floors though as some of the buildings genuinely are unstable and have a lot of water damage, so watch out for that.

Overall you should definitely check it out if you are new or advanced at urban exploring.

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4728.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4730.jpg
IMG_4732.jpg
IMG_4733.jpg
IMG_4734.jpg
IMG_4735.jpg
IMG_4736.jpg
IMG_4737.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
IMG_4740.jpg
IMG_4741.jpg
IMG_4745.jpg
IMG_4712.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg
IMG_4707.jpg
IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4720.jpg
IMG_4721.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg

View attachment 815642

Alex944

28DL Member
28DL Member
Looks so good me and my mates wanna go how do we find location for it as can’t seem to find it anywhere

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice report this, but yes I knew id seen it before, title should be right, as mookster says, it should be" HMS Ganges, Shortley gate, Ipswich. July 19." I know you put date in report, but it needs to be in title as per forum rules.

:thumb Other than title, good report, did you climb that water tower? some nice shots there, just try a tripod or straighten them on pc , good effort, look forward to more from you :D

geography man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here last year and the place was still in one piece. Unfortunatley got caught by security just before i got the chance to go in the swimming pool which was annoying. It was a great place to explore and i regret not taking photos of it. Also, nice photos!!

Who has read this thread (Total: 389) View details