real time web analytics
Report - - ABC Cinema, Cosham, June 10 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ABC Cinema, Cosham, June 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

lil' pezza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've Been A Very Busy Bee :D

After getting a nice phonecall from UrbanCreed saying he got in by the end of school the next day i was in my 'Sploring kit and on my way. Entry was simple, we had a few run-in's with chavs and the police, but they couldnt get in :wanker
So on with the photo's.

A bit of history with thanks from Vinka ;)

Built in 1934, as The Carlton Cinema, the building was badly damaged during a bombing raid in World War II. 4 people died in the explosion but the cinema was renovated and reopened.

In 1982 it was again renovated and became a 3 screen cinema but, sadly, closed its door in 2007. Since then, the future of the building has been uncertain with locals frequently campaigning to stop demolition and conversion to student accommodation or flats.

Since opening as The Carlton in the 30s, this cinema has had many aliases: The Carlton; The Classic; Essoldo; Cannon; ABC and, before closure, was known as Cineplex. The inside is reportedly in a very poor state and with no plans for refurbishment or a sympathetic conversion, there is no doubt that the end will soon be nigh for yet another example of Portsmouth’s Art Deco architecture.

1.The Original Doors, Now Covered In Metal
DSC01268.jpg

2.The Foyer Along With The Accompanying Film Reels
DSC01273.jpg

3.I Couldnt Resist :cool:
DSC01284.jpg

4.Kiosk Sign
DSC01286.jpg

5.Watching A Good Film
DSC01288.jpg

6.My Fascination With Broken Glass Continues
DSC01291.jpg