real time web analytics
Report - - Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford - July 2023 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford - July 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stormtrooper.exe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Alfa Laval first established their presence on the Great West Road in 1936, constructing an array of buildings known as the Baltic Complex. Additions were made at various points throughout it's existence, with a large 12 story building being built in 1980. Unfortunately, this building is the only one remaining, with the rest of the site having been redeveloped into apartments. The Alfa Laval Tower too was to be redeveloped into a Hyundai showroom, plans for this later being axed.

The Explore
After a friend of mine had informed me about the place, I decided to check it out for myself with a couple others. Situated right next to the bustling Chiswick Flyover, entering the site was slightly nerve wracking. We overcame the hesitation though, and made our way inside. The building has been stripped absolutely bare, nothing remaining except the concrete pillars and scaffolding. All the floors were quite samey, littered with scrap and graffiti. The roof was of course the main attraction, and it did not disappoint. It offered some very nice views, the GSK headquarters to one side and Central London to the other. Overall, nice rooftop if a slightly boring interior.

This is my first report, so apologies if it doesn't quite meet the standards haha

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures :)

DSC00881.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00768.JPG

DSC00797.JPG

DSC00802.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

DSC00793.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

Stormtrooper.exe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not a bad first report, that. Familiar site to those heading in from the west too. Used to stay in the Premier Inn next door semi-regularly and would often see the police in attendance to this site 🤣
Not surprising to be honest, cars and people going up and down all the time. Someone's bound to call the police 😂😂

Stormtrooper.exe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting.
The work on this place seems to have been on hold now for a few years.
Not my favourite place, tore my ACL getting into the boundary of this one
Yeah most websites haven't had updates for a while. The most recent thing I could find was a news article saying that redevelopment plans were scrapped

Stormtrooper.exe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Used to be rough as fuck in there. Explored it in 2006, the first couple of floors were full of furniture, and inbetween that were dozens of druggies, zombies with knives and crackheads with syringes. Fucked off sharpish.
Oh wow, fortunately the drug addict population has disappeared these days 🤣

igneous rock

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG-20230910-WA0017.jpg

Went here today for the view. Noticed this and looks like they do a weekly inspection of the building on Mondays. It looked really unstable too on some floors there were literal supports for the floors. Also got the police called but managed to escape.

W0LF

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG-20230910-WA0017.jpg

Went here today for the view. Noticed this and looks like they do a weekly inspection of the building on Mondays. It looked really unstable too on some floors there were literal supports for the floors. Also got the police called but managed to escape.
I'm thinking of checking it out. ;)
Was it worth it? :hmm

Who has read this thread (Total: 233) View details