real time web analytics
Report - - Am Ring Hotel @ Quiddelbacher Hohe Sept 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Am Ring Hotel @ Quiddelbacher Hohe Sept 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sidibear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Noticed this place a few years ago while at the Nurburgring but never really got around to having a good look. This time though a late crash before closing time meant the track closed early, and I was just around the corner at Hatzenbach taking photos.
Time for my very first Euro Derp.
I parked up and walked down the side towards the rear when I heard voices. I stood there looking at the back of the building and listening to where the voices were coming from, a bloke appeared on the top floor balcony and looked down at me, I held up my camera and shouted "Urbex", he waves back and yells yes, me too in bad English, so in I go. They soon left.

I can't find much out about this place. It looks to have been a nice place when it was open with a viewing balcony where you could watch the racing on the track. There are signs of building work having gone on but seems like they ran out of money. A newspaper found inside was dated Dec 2007. Another bit of info I found was that it was on a septic tank which is no longer allowed in the region and the nearest sewer junction is some way off, thus expensive.
Its seriously trashed but a nice easy explore. Visited on my own until with Owain, Rhys, Rob, Damo, Dan and Jen turned up.

On with the pics.

What it looked like in its heyday
832_001_zpsk3aiuusl.jpg

2015-06-30-19-17-46_amring_zps9ewbmre4.jpg

In 2001
ring16_hotel_zps4g2nneet.jpg

ring16_hotel_magazine_zpszb6buohn.jpg

The above two photos from 2001 were found on Ben Lovejoys page about the Nurburgring, I tried to contact him for permission to use the photos to no avail. So copyright belongs to Ben Lovejoy for the above two photos. He goes onto say they thought it was abandoned but there was signs of building work going on, so it had closed prior to 2001.

And now
IMG_4001_zpsb6nodrob.jpg

IMG_3992_zpslp2htsto.jpg

IMG_3994_zps3fowxh4d.jpg

IMG_3993_zpsvpzxvmrm.jpg

IMG_4004_zpswurfuvko.jpg

IMG_3999_zps7pxmtqu6.jpg

IMG_3997_zpseulkmrih.jpg

IMG_3996_zpsualkgevx.jpg

Nice view of the castle from the roof
IMG_4014_zpstyvtu2bs.jpg

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I'm due a return trip to the ring, I think I'll be more likely to spend the time driving though.. :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details