real time web analytics
Report - - Ambergate Wireworks and Oakhurst House - Nov 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ambergate Wireworks and Oakhurst House - Nov 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ohmeggg

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Visit
It took quite a while to find this place as we walked all around Shining Cliff Woods until we asked some locals. We was then pretty excited to see that there was still some cottages left from where the workers would have lived. You could only get inside a couple, but inside there was not much left over.
There was then the wireworks - most of the buildings you could not get into but there was some good viewing points from the windows.
The Oakhurst house was mainly collapsed and destroyed, but the view from the outside makes it look like a still standing building. There was no way of even entering the place due to how dangerous it was, but it was still a beautiful house. I would have liked to see what it had been liked when it was fully furnished and standing.

I have recently been informed that there was some things I had missed on my trip (I didn't have much time), so I will be doing a revisit soon to take some better pictures too. First post so, post feedback on photos! Thanks!

QAsp1L5l.jpg

Yt264ikl.jpg

BAJ0L1hl.jpg

ZZ6koWel.jpg

6AcPCAtl.jpg

cgzABstl.jpg

Thj0K11l.jpg

hOVWE4kl.jpg