real time web analytics
Report - - Anechoic Chamber, Pyestock, Fleet - December 2019 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Anechoic Chamber, Pyestock, Fleet - December 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
How come it’s never been pulled down?
I seem to remember @AndyK's report (the first I think?) said it was in use a long time after the rest was demoed, but his report was 2017, so they've still taken their time!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Indeed, that part was actually still being used when when the main parts of the site were being explored and demolished.

I remember hearing the exhausts on the side roaring during a couple of my visits. That was a surreal thing to hear!

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
I would love to see some videos or photos of pyestock whilst it was in action but alas there really doesnt seem to be any

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
How come it’s never been pulled down?

Good question, I assume it will be but also assume its a complete bastard to do!
it must be a massive self supporting cube of reinforced concrete I wonder if they will have to blow it?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I would love to see some videos or photos of pyestock whilst it was in action but alas there really doesnt seem to be any

There's a few videos of it on the British Pathe website, various buildings and stuff. Need to dig them out they're really cool.

5PR1NK5

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really nice set of shots from here, especially given what a ball ache the lighting is! Would like to head back with floods at some point

Who has read this thread (Total: 395) View details