real time web analytics
Report - - Anglian Water Pumping Station, Drayton Parslow, Buckinghamshire - May 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Anglian Water Pumping Station, Drayton Parslow, Buckinghamshire - May 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
Me and @V50jake went on a recent trip to Buckinghamshire to look at a few pump houses and other places that we eventually managed to find. I found this one via a low-quality photo online, I expected it to either be well sealed or completely stripped but it was a lovely surprise to see all machinery extant.

Information & History
There really isn’t much history I could find on this one. According to @mingerocket, it appears as if the Pump House was constructed around the 1970s or a bit earlier by looking at the machinery. The building comprises of split case centrifugal pumps, in addition to some nice switches and gauges dotted around, and a control panel.

At the rear of the building, there is an old burnt-out Ford Mondeo Estate. The fire affected part of the roof of the pump house and this made for some lovely lighting and has let some greenery seep through over the years.

The Pumping Station itself was owned and operated by Anglian Water, but there is no body of water directly next to the building (no stream, river etc) so I’m unsure of the exact purpose of this one. It’s been disused for at least 12 years and is now privately owned. The owner is trying to get the building demolished and replaced with a dwelling, but planning has been refused a couple of times due to the small plot size amongst some other reasons.

The Explore
We spent around an hour or so inside taking photos and trying to find any traces of info about the building, Mingerocket did some further research to find some further information on this site and its use, but there doesn’t appear to be much info on it.

Onto the photos:
Starting with an external, it is a very unsuspecting little building amongst some trees:

IMG_5592-HDR.jpg

A few overview shots:

IMG_5569-HDR.jpg

IMG_5587-HDR.jpg

A closer look at the pumps:

IMG_5656-HDR.jpg

IMG_5662-HDR.jpg

IMG_5677-HDR.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5692-HDR.jpg

Someone's lost a shoe!

IMG_5710-HDR.jpg

Some nameplates for any pump nerds here!

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

A nice gauge on the wall...

IMG_5668-HDR.jpg

The main control panel complete with gauges...

IMG_5689-HDR.jpg

Electrical boxes on the far wall...

IMG_5695-HDR.jpg

A mossy dial...

IMG_5732.jpg

Not sure why this was in here...

IMG_5747.jpg

And finally the burnt-out Mondeo out the back...

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

Thanks for looking.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely shots mate. Glad I got to see this one. It's definatley an unexpected surprise. Your certainly finding some crackers between you.
Thanks mate, the unexpected surprise ones are always the best! Like the Southery Pump. It does make me want to find more, there's got to be more hidden gems out there.
Cracking photos, this is a real nice one.
Cheers mate! shame we couldn't find too much info on it.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really starting to get into pump houses. That's a bit of a cracker than one mate. Beautifully photographed too.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User