real time web analytics
Question - - Anyone based in Leeds? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Anyone based in Leeds?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adrian Pimento

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello!

Is anyone based in Leeds or has any experience of areas in and around Leeds? I'm aware that there is a lot of stuff around Leeds that I'd really like to check out, but most of my exploring experience has been in Berlin (Teufelsberg, Blub etc). Hit me up if you know anyone who would be interested in checking out some places.

Thanks!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
About leeds, I really want to know if that burglars body ever turned up at Knostrop treatment works, or is his body presumed lost in the sewers still, or he was found alive having fled? A very mysterious case.

Baron Risible

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No mystery there I'm afraid. From the location in the news reports, he climbed down into what locals would call Meanwood Beck, and what drainers would call Masticator. Contrary to the media it's neither a storm drain nor a sewer. It's a culverted river/stream that runs overground and underground. At the point he climbed in he would have had to go 100m in either direction before he could have climbed out. Which is what he undoubtedly did.

And a dispiriting response from the emergency services as well. Toxic gases, my arse. It blows a gale through there.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the reply, but I have not seen an updated news article that states whether said ne'er do well is alive or dead, unless I have missed something? I totally accept what you say about the beck and what the drainers call it, with regards to being neither drain nor sewer, but the following article/s said he entered the sewer system from an iron flap at the side of the beck:

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2013-04-29/burglary-suspect-lost-in-sewer/

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-22343962

Cheers again.

Last edited:

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Anyways...........back to the original question. Can anyone help Adrian who's explored in Berlin but is now in Leeds?

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
No mystery there I'm afraid. From the location in the news reports, he climbed down into what locals would call Meanwood Beck, and what drainers would call Masticator. Contrary to the media it's neither a storm drain nor a sewer. It's a culverted river/stream that runs overground and underground. At the point he climbed in he would have had to go 100m in either direction before he could have climbed out. Which is what he undoubtedly did.

And a dispiriting response from the emergency services as well. Toxic gases, my arse. It blows a gale through there.

he climbed in a side pipe, (with a swinging lid on) which discharges in the beck by Mabgate & got stuck
I maybe wrong tho?

Last edited:

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Put Leeds in the search bar & tick search titles only, you will find all threads on Leeds.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very well, much like the bone and ewf story, I shall leave it there, it will go no further, and you can mark me on that.