real time web analytics
Report - - Arena Essex Raceway - Thurrock | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Arena Essex Raceway - Thurrock

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tomdye1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well, after a disappointing trip to the Off Road Adventure Park in Wickford we decided to stop in here on the way home. being keen oval racing fans, we knew our way around the site pretty well before arriving so thought it would be pretty easy to access (wrong)

6E8A5766.jpg

The last race meeting was held here on November 4th so the site hasn't been left long at all. A few of the features of the track have also been removed for use at another local track (catch fencing, pit gate and speakers) but apart from that everything seems exactly as it was left.

There isn't a lot to see here if you're not an oval racing fan but if you want to see the track and have one last track walk then I guess its worth the visit.

6E8A5768.jpg
6E8A5777.jpg
6E8A5771.jpg
6E8A5775.jpg
6E8A5794.jpg
6E8A5831.jpg
6E8A5822.jpg

6E8A5782.jpg

6E8A5785.jpg

6E8A5785-2.jpg

6E8A5807.jpg

6E8A5816.jpg

6E8A5838.jpg

johnboy50

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Such a shame to lose a facility like this (I'm an oval race fan too), but if Wimbledon and Coventry can't survive, then Arena was doomed for the same reasons. Nice photos there.

GinjaNinja

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A great post by Tomdye1
Every March I visited here for around 20 years for the Hot Rod jumble
I love how you've removed someone from photo no.8 but failed to remove their legs :p:p
You can just see the outline of the upper body, a bit like the 'Predator' but he has only turned on half the stealth mode ;)

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting shots, I remember Arena Essex Speedway team when they were in the Elite league around 15 years ago. So guess the stock cars/hot rods raced round the outside bit, was that the speedway track inside that? Why did it close?

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
Ah man somones beaten me to it as a banger boy myself I was really looking forward to this one well done bud

Who has read this thread (Total: 463) View details