real time web analytics
Report - - B.R.S.A Club, Manchester - 2012. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - B.R.S.A Club, Manchester - 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

B.R.S.A Club, Manchester

Victoria Station holds many surprises, for one reason or another, this has been yet another site in Manc that has eluded me for long enough now...

SOME HISTORY:

Closed in 1992, The British Railway Staff Association (B.R.S.A) Club has now become one of Manchesters' forgotten time capsules

Located below Victoria Station, Manchester is the now abandoned working mens club, once used exclusively for the rail staff

Consisting of 2 large rooms, a bar/seating area, a billiard room a smaller store room and a cellar for the bar, still complete with old crates of bottled beer and cordial

Theres also a passageway leading to another store room and the original toilets

Power has always remained on in a few of the rooms, and the fan above the dance floor still intermittently spins

Unable to 'Squeeze' in with some wrong 'uns nearly 2 years ago, I was determined to get back for a look in..

Having been back to the underworld of Vicc recently, I was determined more than ever to make the effort to find a way in :bananapopcorn

The station plans were practically useless for this purpose, so with much poking about and some age old cryptic clue from Stepping Lightly I went in search of the B.R.S.A..

If you know where to look once your in the old sub-basement level of the station, with a bit of effort this place is achievable ;)

(Oh one other thing, the main lounge area is now used as a store room for the station and is full of stock, hence the reason for it being belled up, after having set off the alarm I had to scramble back the way I came quicktime) :eek:

Main lounge

7.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

This fan has a mind of it's own.. Stop Start..Start Stop

4.jpg

Mirrored Bar area

3a.jpg

3.jpg

Billiard Room

6.jpg

Beer Cellar/Stores

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

Toilets

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

One of two 'Old' Emergency exits looking at the plans

(sadly not a chance of GTFO here when the alarm sounded) :D

15.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

stepping lightly

Stolenmoments
28DL Full Member
Re: B.R.S.A Club, Manchester - January 2012.

The first time I went in there it was covered in webs and had such an untouched feel , its nice to see it again...

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

The first time I went in there it was covered in webs and had such an untouched feel , its nice to see it again...

Hats off to cracking it in the first place seriously... You've teased me enough over the past couple of years, was finally good to see it :)

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User

Welcome to the social club exploring scene! we're the hottest thing since asylums! :D

(seriously tho, looks mint!)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

I've got my eye on a couple of others, access to one is even more comedy but suspect will be worth the effort :popcorn