real time web analytics
General - - Bailey Mill - Delph to be demolished | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Bailey Mill - Delph to be demolished

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Add Hartford Mill, Durban Mill and W H Shaws to the list if you want to see them too before they are demolished.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can only agree with you @The Lone Ranger Ironically it"s taken me 2 years to visit Hartford a few weeks ago (and that was by mistake) i enjoyed it very much as i prefer a Derp Mill to a Littlewoods distribution centre :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
So they're knocking a down a building that's been there for 200 years, to built apartments. Apartments? In Delph? They won't be able to give them away. They should convert the mill.

The Ancient Monuments Society, the Victorian Society, the 20th Century Society, and the Council for British Archaeology all object to to demolition.

Councillor Nikki Kirkham, who opposes demolition, believes the mill could be successfully converted into apartments: “There’s an historic importance to the building. There is a sound external structure, there is no need to demolish it.”

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
A couple of local mills have successfully been converted into apartments, at least the building remains. Demand would be high I'd have thought.