real time web analytics
Information - - Bailey Mill Fire / Collapse | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Bailey Mill Fire / Collapse

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Jeez you can see straight through it...

mill-6.jpg

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Just been up and it's still standing. English Heritage have said it's still structurally safe and won't collapse in the near future.

I passed this afternoon and nearly called in tbh, but there was someone parked where I usually pull up!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Saddleworth wise I'd the next fire will be in the New Knoll Mill, up for sale again and has planning permission to make into apartments.

About the same time I'd say W H Shaw's will catch fire, has been 1 small fire as well as the clock workings in the listed building being smashed up. The whole site is to be developed into a new secondary school by Wiggetts, not sure if the listed buildings are part of the long term plan?

At least Hartford Mill is concrete, brick and steel. They will have to demolish this one ;)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Who said it's collapsed ? I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

AFAIK it's just a shell but still heritage listed and fairly sure it may well still be put to good use :popcorn

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Who said it's collapsed ? I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

AFAIK it's just a shell but still heritage listed and fairly sure it may well still be put to good use :popcorn

It was the MEN talking about collapse, guess they were meaning the internals and roof has collapsed rather than the whole lot.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Just been up and it's still standing. English Heritage have said it's still structurally safe and won't collapse in the near future.

I passed this afternoon and nearly called in tbh, but there was someone parked where I usually pull up!

You called it last year! It was an enjoyable explore with the machinery still inside.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
tbh it was no loss, it was decent about 10 year ago, it's been proper pikey'd since and surprised the 'mysterious fire' hasn't happened before now really

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Was watching vids from it while it was happening. Watched the roof come in made a right big bang. Has did some of the explosions early on .

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
After being the last person to visit Failsworth mill before it was torched, and being present at Hartford Mill an hour before it caught fire.. I'm a little disappointed to have not got one last look at this place, it was well worth the wander. RIP :eek:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After being the last person to visit Failsworth mill before it was torched, and being present at Hartford Mill an hour before it caught fire.. I'm a little disappointed to have not got one last look at this place, it was well worth the wander. RIP :eek:
There was a theme starting there, you'll get yourself a reputation :p

Worm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whatever was left over from the fire is now currently being demolished, I will be very sad to see it go as it was my first ever explore and a lot of time has been spent there.