real time web analytics
Report - - Barnes Convalescent Home, Cheadle - May 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barnes Convalescent Home, Cheadle - May 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Barnes Convalescent Home, Cheadle - Visited By Ojay & Thompski.

Ext2.jpg

Building started in 1871 and was completed in 1875, constructed entirely of local brick and situated in the rural setting of Cheadle.

The main building is Grade II listed, and although originally a hospital for wounded soldiers during WW2, was mainly used for geriatric care. The doors finally closed in 1999. It was eventually sold in 2001 to Reality Estates and rumoured that the main building will be converted into flats with the rest of the land occupying houses and more flats.

The irony is that 'Reality' bites and due to the recent slump in the housing market, yet another Manchester site remains untouched and likely to be for some time despite what others may say!

Having spent the last 2 weeks underground, it was decided that we would do some overground stuff, infact TBH I had already done a few visits earlier in the week, so was more than happy to oblige when Thompski fancied a mooch... As usual we had no plan and it was soon decided that we head on over to Barnes to see how the development of luxury homes was progressing.....PFFT! I think Reality homes may have dropped a big bollock, having said that the £10 Million price tag is pocket money considering how much they will reap once the economy picks up.

We didn't have much time, so it was a case of in, few photos and off to the next venue.

Externals

Ext3.jpg

Ext1.jpg

Internals

Corridor1.jpg

Corridor2.jpg

Arches.jpg

Corridor3.jpg

Restaurant.jpg

Corridor4.jpg

Hole.jpg

Window.jpg

Corridor6.jpg

Windows.jpg

Stairs.jpg

Stairs2.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots Ojay.

This one is definitely on my to do list!.

Thanks.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Very nice, where exactly is this?, can you tell me the way in? is there security? Who do I phone for permission to take pics? What will happen if I'm caught? did you see any ghosts?*

EDIT: ooppps - sorry, had my browser set in n00b mode by mistake :p

Nice one Ojay - as stripped as this is I love this one. :thumb

(*all questions I've deleted over the last 24hrs :banghead)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
:D who ya gonna call?

i did'nt see any dead people when i visited here.....

The roof support timber work at this site was fantastic, really nice building too.

Nice report ojay :thumb

did you go into the cellar where the old wheelchair etc is?
Didn't bother spending long, as drains were calling

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
@Styru, i would love to be a mod and see/edit some of this stuff.

You should do a weekly thread for lulz of cack that's posted :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details