real time web analytics
Report - - Barnes Hospital Cheadle....( again) Jan 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barnes Hospital Cheadle....( again) Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
After a few big fat fails this week i needed a dead cert and i suppose they don't come much more "dead" than Barnes.
It's right on my doorstep but i have never been so i make no apologies for what follows.
Yep it's a bit of a fookin wreck and nothing most of you have won't have seen before but here goes.

Barnes Hospital, also known as Barnes Convalescent Home, in Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England, is a former hospital. It is located near to the A34 road and is in the middle of the complex interchange between the A34, M60 motorway and M56 motorway. Whilst the hospital was constructed in a rural setting, it is now surrounded by roads.

The main building is Grade II listed, and lies on green belt land.

It closed in September 1999 while Manchester Healthcare Trust was undergoing a £2 million cost cut.

The hospital was sold in 2001, and is now owned by Reality Estates.

During World War II the hospital was used as a convalescent home for wounded soldiers. Following its closure the hospital temporarily housed a large group of refugees from Kosovo. It was featured on Most Haunted Live in September 2005. The site was briefly occupied by around 100 gypsy families in February 2007.

(1)

DSC_0030.jpg

(2)

DSC_0037.jpg

(3 - with builders bum)

DSC_0056.jpg

(4)

DSC_0061.jpg

(5)

DSC_0059.jpg

(6)

DSC_0035.jpg