real time web analytics
Report - - Barnton Quarry ROTOR Bunker, Edinburgh, Jan 2010 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barnton Quarry ROTOR Bunker, Edinburgh, Jan 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Visited with dweeb, Rooks & OT.

Barnton Quarry is on the edges of Edinburgh and was originally a WW2 Operations Room for fighter command, it then had a ROTOR bunker built next to it and then finally it all became a RSG government bunker. it was sold in 1992, it would have been mint but then someone set fire to it...

We got in and were slightly let down by what we found, burnt, damp and sooty as hell. Still, you could see the original features and it was good for some pics. Almost ready to leave, OT comes into the main corridor and beckons, come this way. It's an easily missed doorway that leads to the always amzing long downslope into a ROTOR bunker.

The Goodness is found, it's two bunkers for the price of one!

Climbing over a burnt out transit into the ROTOR brings you into probably the most asbestos ridden place in the UK. We're all going to die. Still, it was pretty amazing, very photogenic and on the level below the area where the fire burned are some mint plant rooms and there's also a telephone exchange and radio room. Well worth seeing :)

Level 1 - WW2 Fighter Command

DSC_5218.jpg

DSC_5222.jpg

DSC_5238.jpg

Lower Levels ROTOR \ RSG

DSC_5241.jpg

DSC_5245.jpg

DSC_5250.jpg

If Orbs are anything to go by, there was a ghost\angel conference going on here:
DSC_5253.jpg

DSC_5276.jpg

DSC_5309.jpg

Access was great, sucked in through the ventilation....
DSC_5325.jpg

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Not too bad a fail.

Me: This wireless remote is garbage, I'm using self timer.

Gets up pressing the remote and bang, flash to the face!

DSC_5319.jpg

....and note my breakdancing styles in both shots....